Circus Animal Frosting is a creamy vanilla buttercream loaded with crushed circus animal cookies and sprinkles.
- 1 1/2 cups (130g) Circus Animal Cookies, finely crushed
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, cold
- 3 1/2 –4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) milk or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons non-pareil sprinkles
- 24 baked cupcakes
- Place Circus Animal Cookies in a large Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush cookies into small pieces. Set aside. Or pulse in a food processor.
- Cut the butter into 1 tablespoon size pieces . Using the paddle attachment, whip the butter for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally, beating until the butter until it’s super whipped.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar at a time and mix on low speed until incorporated into the butter then add the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Beat for about 60 seconds.
- Next, add an additional 1 1/2-2 cups of powdered sugar along with the heavy whipping cream and beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 3 minutes until super light and fluffy.
- Add the crushed animal cookies and sprinkles and beat until incorporated, or fold by hand.
- Scoop frosting onto cooled cupcakes using a large cookie scoop. Top with additional sprinkles and garnish with leftover cookies.
- This frosting would pair well with my vanilla, chocolate or yellow cupcakes
- Storing frosted cupcakes: These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature and are best consumed within 2-3 days. If you live in a warm climate, you might need to refrigerate these cupcakes (in an airtight container), but be sure to serve at room temperature for best results.
- To prepare frosting in advance: If you’d like to prepare this frosting in advance (up to 2 days), I suggest preparing the vanilla frosting first and storing it in an airtight container. When you’re ready to use this frosting, rewhip it with a mixer and then fold in the crushed cookies and sprinkles. This will give you the best results.
- Category: Frosting
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vanilla frosting recipe, frosting recipe