A vanilla frosting mixed with Circus Animal Cookies.
- 1 1/2 C Circus Animal Cookies
- 1 C (2sticks) Unsalted butter, softened
- 4 C Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk or heavy cream
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Sprinkles
- Place Circus Animal Cookies in a large Ziploc bag. Use a rolling pin to crush cookies into small pieces. Set aside.
- Allow butter to soften for about 30 minutes. Or soften in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Whip butter with a paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Frosting will become thick. After 2 cups of powdered sugar have been added, add 1 tablespoon of milk. Beat until smooth.
- Add remaining powdered sugar, followed by remaining milk and vanilla extract. Whip until smooth.
- Add crushed animal cookies and beat until incorporated. Add sprinkles last and mix in gently.
- Scoop frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Top with additional sprinkles.