These crispy skillet roasted Lemon Potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. They are loaded with lemon, garlic and fresh thyme, then finished off with some fresh grated parmesan.
- 3–4 cups water
- 1–1.5 pounds petite fingerling potatoes
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 medium lemons, zested
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3–4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a medium-sized saucepan, boil 3-4 cups of water over high heat. Once boiling cool the potatoes until fork tender. Smaller potatoes will cook faster than the larger ones, remove the smaller potatoes as needed to prevent from over cooking.
- Once cooked, strain out the water and cut the larger potatoes in half.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper and zest of 1 lemon.
- Sear the potatoes for 6-8 minutes or until all sides start to brown and crisp, rotating every 2-3 minutes. Add additional olive oil if needed,
- Then add the chopped garlic, remaining lemon zest and thyme. Continue frying for another 5 minutes or so or until the potatoes reach the desired crispiness.
- Right before removing from the heat, sprinkle the shredded parmesan. Serve immediately.
Stovetop cooking times may vary depending on gas verse electric stove.