- For the mix
- 9 C Chocolate Chex cereal
- 1 C White chocolate chips
- ½ C Andes Peppermint Chips
- ½ Chocolate Hershey’s Spread
- 4 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Peppermint extract
For the coating
- ½ C Andes Peppermint chips, chopped
- 1 ½ C Powdered sugar
- In a microwave-proof bowl, combine white chocolate chips, Andes chips, butter and chocolate Hershey’s spread, and melt in the microwave for 30-second increments until the chocolate is melted.
- Add peppermint extract and vigorously mix with a spatula until all ingredients are well blended. If you think your mixture is still too thick, add additional melted butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- In an extra large bowl, combine chocolate and vanilla Chex cereal. Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the top of the cereal. Use a spatula to gently fold the chocolate into the cereal. Try to coat the cereal as evenly as possible.
- Take ½ C Andes Peppermint Chips and grind in a food processor into smaller pieces. Shake over chocolate-coated cereal and gently mix.
- In a large Ziploc bag, pour in the powdered sugar. Empty the cereal mix into the Ziploc bag, seal it and shake the heck out of it. The idea is to coat the cereal all over.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet and allow it to cool. You can also refrigerate to help speed up the process.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. It is best enjoyed the same day.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Peppermint Puppy Chow, Peppermint Muddy Buddies, Muddie Buddies, Puppy Chow