This Easy Pasta Salad recipe is perfect for your summer cookouts. Prepare your pasta salad ingredients in advance, toss it together and serve. This is totally customizable and easy to adjust to suite your tastes.
- 1 box pasta of choice, prepared and cooled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, fresh or roasted
- 1 red bell pepper (about ½ cup chopped)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced black olives
- 6 ounces cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3– ½ cup Italian dressing
- Green onion for garnish (optional)
- Prepare a box of pasta according to the instructions on the box. Allow the pasta to cool completely.
- To roast the tomatoes, place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Lightly drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 425°F for 20 minutes. Cool completly and strain excess oil.
- Dice the pepper and onion into small pieces, set aside.
- Cube the cheese into small pieces, set aside.
- When ready to serve, combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the parmesan cheese and dressing. Start with 1/3 cup and add additional dressing as needed for taste. Keep refrigerated.
See blow post for ingredient options and suggestions. Add the dressing last and prior to serving to prevent the pasta salad from getting soggy.