This Easy Pasta Salad is perfect for your summer cookouts. It’s packed with fresh veggies, roasted tomatoes, black olives, and cheese, then finished off with tangy Italian dressing. Serve as-is or customize to suit your tastes!
- 1 lb pasta of choice, prepared and cooled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, fresh or roasted
- 1 red bell pepper (about ½ cup chopped)
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced black olives
- 6 ounces cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/3– ½ cup Italian dressing
- Green onion for garnish (optional)
- Prepare a box of pasta according to the instructions on the box. Allow the pasta to cool completely.
- To roast the tomatoes, place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Lightly drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 425°F for 20 minutes. Cool completly and strain excess oil.
- Dice the pepper and onion into small pieces, set aside.
- Cube the cheese into small pieces, set aside.
- When ready to serve, combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the parmesan cheese and dressing. Start with 1/3 cup and add additional dressing as needed for taste.
- See blog post for ingredient options and suggestions to add additional protein or vegetables.
- Add the dressing last and prior to serving to prevent the pasta salad from getting soggy.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-5 days in an airtight container.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy pasta salad, cold pasta salad, bow tie pasta salad