These Healthier Pumpkin Muffins will satisfy your pumpkin craving without the extra sugar and calories.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
For the Streusel (optional)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a nonstick muffin pan with baking liners, or spray with cooking spray (if not using liners).
- In your mixing bowl, combine the apple sauce, melted butter, Stevia In The Raw® and brown sugar. Beat the ingredients until well combined.
- Next add the eggs and vanilla extract, beating until combined. Then add the pumpkin puree and beat until it’s well mixed.
- In a smaller, separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice and salt. Stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat just until the flour is combined. Then stir with a spatula until the dry ingredients are well-mixed, turning the batter over from the bottom to the top. Finally, fold in the walnuts.
- Prepare the streusel (optional). In a small bowl, combine the flour and the brown sugar. Add the melted butter on top and stir together until the butter is well incorporated and mixture is clumpy.
- Divide batter evenly between 12-14 muffin cups, each one will be 3/4 filled. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the streusel on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes in the pan.
Make these your own by swapping in your favorite nuts or chocolate chips.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american