Homemade Sloppy Joes are loaded with tender ground beef and gooey cheddar for a comforting meal that the whole family can enjoy. Plus, these hearty sandwiches come together in just 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground hamburger meat
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium, heat. Add the onion, garlic, and green pepper and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. Then add the hamburger and cook until it’sno longer pink.
- In a small bowl combine the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Pour over the hamburger and stir to combine. Then add the cheese and stir.
- Serve immediately. You can toast the hamburger buns or just add the sloppy joes to the bread.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make sloppy joes, homemade sloppy joes sauce, manwiches