This Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream is the BEST whipped cream I’ve ever made. There are ONLY TWO simple ingredients in this Chocolate Whipped Cream. It’s so simple to make and it makes the perfect topping for cakes, cupcakes and even hot chocolate!
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (3 packets) powdered hot chocolate mix
- Place metal bowl and whisk in freezer for about 15 minutes so they are good and cold. Pour the heavy whipping cream into mixing bowl and beat on high for 2 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Add hot cocoa mix, mixing on low speed just until incorporated and then increase speed to high and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Use right away and then keep refrigerated.
- The type of hot chocolate you use will affect the taste. For a richer, dark chocolate taste, I recommend Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa mix. I also tried this with Swiss Mix hot chocolate packets.
- 3 packets equals ½ cup
- 1 packet is equal to .73oz or 2 1/2 tablespoons which is a little less than 1/4 cup
- Use a piping bag to frost cupcakes or cookies or spread over cooled cakes.
- Category: Frosting
Keywords: Chocolate whipped cream, Whipped Cream, Whipped Cream Recipe, Whipped Cream Frosting