- 1 1/2 C (3 sticks) Unsalted butter
- 4 Waffle cones, smashed
- 4 C Powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Vanilla malt powder
- 4–6 tbsp Heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Caramel sauce (Hershey’s or other)
- 1/4 C Chocolate chips
- 1/2 C Walnuts
- Hot Fudge sauce (Hershey’s or other)
- Allow butter to soften at room temperature for about 30 minutes. You want it to soften but not be melted. Cream softened butter on medium speed for a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Crush waffle cones by placing in a Ziploc bag and gently pressing down to make smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add powered sugar, one cup at a time. Add one tablespoon of heavy cream after each cup of powered sugar. Add malt powder at the end. Reserve the last 2 tablespoons of heavy cream to add at the end if your frosting is still too thick. Increase speed to high and whip for 30-60 seconds to incorporate some air into the frosting. Reduce speed and add caramel sauce. Mix to incorporate into frosting.
- Add waffle cones, chocolate chips and walnuts to the frosting. Mix slowly to incorporate into frosting.
- If the frosting is still too thick, add one table spoon of heavy cream at a time and mix well.
- Scoop frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Heat hot fudge sauce accordingly to instructions on jar. Drizzle hot fudge over top of cupcakes and add sprinkles.
Remove butter from the refridgerator 30 minutes before you plan to make this frosting. This frosting makes enough to serve 24 cupcakes. This is best served the same day it is made.