You only need 2 ingredients to make perfect Homemade Whipped Cream! Learn how to make stabilized whipped cream without gelatin that’s light, fluffy, and perfect for piping over your favorite desserts.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- Pour the heavy cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric or stand mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Flavor variations: Add 1/2-1 teaspoon of your favorite flavoring extracts: vanilla, almond, lemon, peppermint, etc. Or add some fresh fruit zest such as lemon or orange. To make chocolate whipped cream, add 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder together with the powdered sugar.
- How to store whipped cream: Whipped cream must stay refrigerated. I do not recommend leaving the prepared whipped cream in a bowl for an extended period of time. For the best results, make the whipped cream prior to serving and immediately add it to your dessert. Whipped cream is much more stable once it’s piped.
- Recipe Variations:
- To make 2 cups prepared: ¾ cup (177 ml) heavy whipping cream plus 1/4 cup (33 g) powdered sugar
- To make 2 1/2 cups prepared: 1 cup (237 ml) heavy whipping cream plus ½ cup (65 g) powdered sugar
- To make 3 cups prepared: 1 ½ cups (355 ml) heavy whipping cream plus ¾ cup (98 g) powdered sugar
- To make 4 cups prepared: 1 ¾ cups (414 ml) heavy whipping cream plus 1 cup (130 g) powdered sugar
- Category: Frosting
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make whipped cream, whipped cream frosting, homemade whipped cream