The recipe for Homemade Whipped Cream with only 2 ingredients! It’s a stabilized whipped cream without gelatin. It’s the perfect topping for cakes, cupcakes, pies and no-bake desserts.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- Pour the heavy cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric or stand mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Flavor variations: Add 1/2-1 teaspoon of your favorite extracts: vanilla, almond, lemon, peppermint. Or add some fresh fruit zest such as lemon or orange. For chocolate whipped cream and 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder together with the powdered sugar.
- How to store whipped cream: Whipped cream must stay refrigerate. I do not recommend leaving the prepared whipped cream in a bowl for an extended period of time. For the best results, make the whipped cream prior to serving and immediately add it to your dessert. Once it’s been piped, it’s must more stable then just sitting in the bowl.
- Recipe Variations:
- To make 2 cups prepared: ¾ cup (177 ml) heavy whipping cream plus 1/4 cup (33 g) powdered sugar
- To make 2 1/2 cups prepared: 1 cup (237 ml) heavy whipping cream plus ½ cup (65 g) powdered sugar
- To make 3 cups prepared: 1 ½ cups (355 ml) heavy whipping cream plus ¾ cup (98 g) powdered sugar
- To make 4 cups prepared: 1 ¾ cups (414 ml) heavy whipping cream plus 1 cup (130 g) powdered sugar
- Category: Frosting
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Whipped Cream, Whipped Cream Frosting