Not your momma’s Pecan Pie. This Kahlua Pecan Pie needs to be on your Thanksgiving table. This flaky pie crust is filled with a classic pecan filling spiked with Kahlua.
- 1 Recipe Pie Crust
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- ½ C Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- ¼ C Kahlua
- ¼ C Corn syrup
- 1/3 C Evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 C Pecans, divided
- ½ C Chocolate chips
- Prepare your favorite piecrust recipe, and keep the cut refrigerated in your pie plate until ready to bake. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla and flour in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy; 2-3 minutes. Add egg and continue beating until well combined, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add Kahlua, corn syrup and evaporated milk and mix until all ingredients are blended. Take 3/4 cups of pecans and chop into small pieces with a blender or food processor. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour filling into prepared crust. Cover the top of the pie in whole pecans by laying them out in a circle, starting at the edge and working your way in.
- Bake pie at 400° for 10 minutes and then reduce the oven to 325° and bake for another 35-45 minutes. Remove pie and allow to cool completely, about 4 hours before cutting.
Baking times will vary by oven. I baked this in the middle rack. If the edges of your pie crust start to brown too quickly, cover them lightly with tin foil or a pie crust shield.