A creamy Kahlua-spiked pie filling is loaded with crunchy pecans and paired with a flaky homemade crust in this easy Pecan Pie Recipe! It’s a Southern classic with a boozy twist.
- 1 Recipe Pie Crust
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ C Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- ¼ C Kahlua
- ¼ C Corn syrup
- 1/3 C Evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 C Pecans, divided
- ½ C Chocolate chips
- Prepare a 9-inch piecrust recipe, and keep the crust refrigerated in your pie plate until ready to bake. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine butter, sugar, flour and the vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until combined. Add the eggs and continue beating until well combined, scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Next add the liquid ingredients: Kahlua, corn syrup and evaporated milk and mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Finally, mix in the chopped pecans and pour the filling into prepared crust. If you want to add pecan halves to the top of the crust, lay out in your desired pattern.
- Bake pie at 400°F for 10 minutes and then reduce the oven to 325°F and bake for another 30-35 minutes. Remove the pie and allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Baking times will vary by oven. I baked this in the middle rack. If the edges of your pie crust start to brown too quickly, cover them lightly with tin foil or a pie crust shield.
- Store chilled in an airtight container and enjoy within 4 days.
- To freeze, wrap in two layers of plastic wrap and a layer of heavy-duty foil and store for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge before enjoying.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pecan pie filling, how to make pecan pie, kahlua dessert