A sour cream cake infused with lemon and fresh blueberries.
- 8 oz Blueberries, rinsed ( 2 packages)
- 1/4 C Flour
- 1 C Unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 C + 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 C Light brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 C Sour cream
- Zest of two lemons
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 C Flour, sifted
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
For the streusel
- 1/2 C Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 C Flour
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Rinse and dry blueberries. Coat blueberries with 1/4 C flour by mixing with a spoon.
- Butter should be at room temperature or slightly firmer, not melted. Combine sugars with softened butter. Beat on medium speed until butter and sugar are well combined, light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating each egg into the butter and sugar one at a time.
- After both eggs have been mixed, add vanilla, sour cream, lemon zest and lemon juice. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, Sift flour and then measure out 2 cups. Add salt and baking powder. Stir to combine. Slowly add flour mixture to batter and mix on low speed just until combine. Batter will be thick.
- Fold blueberries into batter.
For the streusel
- Melt butter in microwave, about 30 seconds.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Pour melted butter over dry ingredients and stir until well mixed. This mixture will be clumpy.
- To Assemble:
- Pour the batter into the pan. Cover the bottom with streusel.
- Bake at 350° F for 50-55 minutes. Bottom of cake will be slightly brown. Use a long toothpick or knife to stick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Set on a cooling rack for twenty minutes.
- Place a plate, cutting board or other flat surface; over top of cake and hold it together. Turn cake over and gently pat sides of the pan until the cake comes loose. Allow to cool for another 15-20 minutes.