This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake is extra moist, topped with a buttery cinnamon streusel, and loaded with juicy fresh blueberries.
We have another virtual baby show today! The longer I blog, the more wonderful women I meet. Each blogger brings something unique and different to the table. Cathy from Lemon Tree Dwelling makes the tastiest looking desserts, savory appetizers and fun DIY projects. My recent favorites are her Orange Creamsicle Circus Animal Cookies and Skittles Rainbow Fudge.
I am a believer that the best thing about parties is the food. I am a total taster. I need to have a little bite of everything. So the decision to make this Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake for Cathy’s baby shower was not taken lightly! Just about all of my bundt cakes have streusel, so does that make it a coffee cake? I don’t know you decide.
And if you love the lemon-blueberry flavor combo, definitely check out my Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake!
This cake is the perfect springtime treat. There is a bold lemon flavor and plenty of juicy blueberries. I decided that I needed to keep this cake on the lighter side and dust it with powdered sugar instead of a glaze. I think this was the right decision. I mean, we are all looking to save a few calories before bikini season right?
The great thing about this cake is that the fruit can be substituted for raspberries or blackberries! This recipe is built from my grandmother’s sour cream coffee cake. The sour cream helps keeps this cake extra moist. It is a similar recipe to what I did for my Apple Pie Coffee Cake. I just made this last night to bring to an event this week. I have a serious weakness for coffee cake!Print
A sour cream cake infused with lemon and fresh blueberries.
For the Cake:
- 8 oz Blueberries, rinsed ( 2 packages)
- 1/4 C Flour
- 1 C Unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 C + 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 C Light brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 C Sour cream
- Zest of two lemons
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 C Flour, sifted
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
For the Streusel:
- 1/2 C Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 C Flour
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Rinse and dry blueberries. Coat blueberries with 1/4 C flour by mixing with a spoon.
- Butter should be at room temperature or slightly firmer, not melted. Combine sugars with softened butter. Beat on medium speed until butter and sugar are well combined, light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating each egg into the butter and sugar one at a time.
- After both eggs have been mixed, add vanilla, sour cream, lemon zest and lemon juice. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, Sift flour and then measure out 2 cups. Add salt and baking powder. Stir to combine. Slowly add flour mixture to batter and mix on low speed just until combine. Batter will be thick.
- Fold blueberries into batter.
For the Streusel:
- Melt butter in microwave, about 30 seconds.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Pour melted butter over dry ingredients and stir until well mixed. This mixture will be clumpy.
- To Assemble:
- Pour the batter into the pan. Cover the bottom with streusel.
- Bake at 350° F for 50-55 minutes. Bottom of cake will be slightly brown. Use a long toothpick or knife to stick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Set on a cooling rack for twenty minutes.
- Place a plate, cutting board or other flat surface; over top of cake and hold it together. Turn cake over and gently pat sides of the pan until the cake comes loose. Allow to cool for another 15-20 minutes.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bundt cake with blueberries, easy lemon cake, blueberry crumb cake
There are lots of Cathy’s friends sharing recipes for her virtual shower today, so be sure to scroll down and check them all out!
Lemon Raspberry Cookie Sandwiches by Life Love and Sugar
Blueberry Buttermilk Coffee Cake by Your Homebased Mom
Lemon Yogurt Cake by Yummy Healthy Easy
Orange Dream Monkey Bread by Simple Joy
Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs by Or So She Says
Pig Pickin’ Cake by Sugar Dish Me
Creamy Shrimp Dip by Mostly Homemade Mom
Carrot Cream Cheese Swirl Loaf by Spoonful of Flavor
Fiesta Rice Skillet by The Grant Life
Raspberry Ripple Lemon Bundt Cake by Love Bakes Good Cakes
Ooey Gooey Orange Creamsicle Bars by The Gunny Sack
Mixed Berries with Honey Maple Mascarpone by Joyful Healthy Eats
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes by Crazy for Crust
Momosas Mocktail Recipe by The Weary Chef