These lemon-infused cookies are made with a lemon cake mix and drizzled with white chocolate.
- 1 2/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- zest of one Lemon
- 2 ounces White Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cake mix, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Soften butter in the microwave for 15 seconds. Combine softened butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Zest lemon into the mixing bowl and beat until lemon zest is incorporated.
- Reduce mixer to low speed and slowly add dry ingredients. Once combined, increase speed to medium-high and beat for 1 to 2 minutes until soft dough forms.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet. Gently press the top of the cookies down with the back of a spoon or spatula. Bake at 350° F for 10 to12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the pan for several minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, microwave white chocolate at 50% power for 30 to 60 seconds. Pour melted chocolate into a small piping bag and drizzle over cooled cookies. All chocolate to cool until firm. You can speed it up by refrigerating the cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon sugar cookies, easy cookies, cake batter cookies