This Lemon Ice Cream Pie is the perfect dessert for a warm day. Full of lemon flavor, this mousse like ice cream pie is topped with whipped cream. Plus the Lemon Oreo crust adds even more lemon flavor!
- For the crust
- 1 pkg Lemon Oreos
- 4 tbso Unsalted butter, melted
- For the filling
- 1 pkg (8oz) Cream cheese (cold)
- 1 pkg Lemon instant pudding mix (dry- 3.4oz)
- 2 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 8oz Cool Whip (thawed)
- For the topping
- 1 C Heavy whipping cream
- ½ C Powered sugar
- Lemon Zest
- For the crust, grind Oreos into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender. Put crumbs in a microwave safe bowl. Add butter and microwave for 45-60 seconds until butter is melted. Stir to coat Oreos in butter.
- Line the bottom of a 9”spring form pan with tin foil. Press crust into the bottom of the pan and gently push it against the sides to form the crust. Refrigerate until the filling is ready.
- For the filling
- Beat cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until cream cheese is smooth and free of lumps. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add dry instant lemon pudding mix and heavy whipping cream. Beat on medium high speed for two minutes until pudding is well mixed into cream cheese.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon zest and Cool Whip. Beat on medium speed until well combined. Pour filling in prepared pie shell.
- Freeze for 30 minutes before adding whipped cream.
- To prepare the whipped cream, whip heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Decorate the pie accordingly. Top with a lemon zest.
If you don’t have a springform pan, you can use a regular pie plate. “Cook time” is the minimum freezing time you need. Ideally 4 hours at a minimum would be best.