This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This Lemon Ice Cream Pie is the perfect dessert for a warm day. Full of lemon flavor, this mousse like ice cream pie is topped with whipped cream. Plus the Lemon Oreo crust adds even more lemon flavor!
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Normally we are snowboarding on Easter, but with the lack of snow this year, our local mountains are pretty much dried up. However, that did allow us to spend some time with my boyfriend’s family and friends and enjoy a wonderful brunch! I of course brought dessert, which always goes over well with our friends! I can’t tell you what I made, but they will be up on the blog soon! Hint, one of them had lemon!
I have been all about the lemons and frozen desserts lately! This Lemon Ice Cream Pie is on top of “must eat” list these days. If you love lemon, this light, mousse like ice cream is for you! The filling is made with a no-churn ice cream base that is super easy to mix. It is topped with fresh whipped cream and lemon zest. Oh and the crust, the crust is made of lemon Oreos!
Since summer is coming (p.s, I know that sounds so far off for you east coasters! Sorry!), I have been stocking up on no-bake desserts for summer time. Although it has been so incredibly hot here that it might as well be summer.
Most of my ice cream cakes are made with a 9” spring form pan, but they can be made in any freezer-friendly pie plate or cake pan. These are great desserts to have on hand during the summer months.
I haven’t always been a lemon fan, and it isn’t my go-to desserts, but as I am experimenting with more and more favors, it has become a part of my dessert rotation! The flavors are refreshing and a nice, unexpected surprise.
For the filling, it starts with cream cheese and lemon pudding mix, which you need to mix until completely smooth. Then add in some heavy cream and lemon zest. Once all the ingredients are well mixed, fold in a container of Cool Whip. I know not everyone loves Cool Whip, but the texture is perfect for these types of desserts, plus it freezes well.
I always like to top by pies with fresh whipped cream, but if you aren’t up for it, you can use another container of Cool Whip. The fresh whipped cream allows you add some flavor as well, like a lemon zest! I chose to zest the lemon on top of the pie instead of in the heavy cream, but you can do either.
This ice cream pie has a nice, thick, mousse like texture. The pie will freeze firm, so what I like to do is leave it on the counter for 15-20 minutes before cutting. I also suggest to use a sharp knife to cut through it. If it is too cold for an ice cream pie right now, save it for later!
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting:Print
This Lemon Ice Cream Pie is the perfect dessert for a warm day. Full of lemon flavor, this mousse-like ice cream pie is topped with whipped cream. Plus the Lemon Oreo crust adds even more lemon flavor!
For the Crust:
- 1 pkg Lemon Oreos
- 4 tbso Unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 1 pkg (8oz) Cream cheese (cold)
- 1 pkg Lemon instant pudding mix (dry- 3.4oz)
- 2 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 8oz Cool Whip (thawed)
For the Topping:
- 1 C Heavy whipping cream
- ½ C Powdered sugar
- Lemon Zest
For the Crust:
- Grind Oreos into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender. Put crumbs in a microwave safe bowl. Add butter and microwave for 45-60 seconds until butter is melted. Stir to coat Oreos in butter.
- Line the bottom of a 9”spring form pan with tin foil. Press crust into the bottom of the pan and gently push it against the sides to form the crust. Refrigerate until the filling is ready.
For the Filling:
- Beat cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until cream cheese is smooth and free of lumps. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add dry instant lemon pudding mix and heavy whipping cream. Beat on medium high speed for two minutes until pudding is well mixed into cream cheese.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon zest and Cool Whip. Beat on medium speed until well combined. Pour filling in prepared pie shell.
- Freeze for 30 minutes before adding whipped cream.
For the Whipped Cream:
- Whip heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Decorate the pie accordingly. Top with a lemon zest.
If you don’t have a springform pan, you can use a regular pie plate. “Cook time” is the minimum freezing time you need. Ideally 4 hours at a minimum would be best.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake pie, lemon icebox pie
Recipes from my friends:
N0-Bake Lemon Strawberry Cookie Pie from Life Love and Sugar
No-Bake Goldren Oreo Lemon Dessert from Crazy for Crust
Lemon Cream Berry Pie from Insdie BruCrew Life
Recipes you might like from Beyond Frosting: