This Lucky Charms Marshmallow Ice Cream recipe is a cereal milk flavored homemade vanilla ice cream that is layered with marshmallow fluff and Lucky Charms marshmallows.
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Lucky Charms cereal, pulsed into crumbs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (13 oz jar) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup Lucky Charms dehydrated marshmallows
- Pre-freeze your ice cream maker attachment as directed, usually at least 15 hours in advance.
- Take a box of Lucky Charms cereal and separate out the colored marshmallows into a separate dish.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat 1 cup whole milk with ¾ cups sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir over medium-high heat just until it starts to bubble and the sugar is dissolved. Let the mixture cool for 30 minutes minutes
- Separate out one cup of Lucky Charms cereal, without the marshmallows and pulse in a food processor until it is a fine crumb.
- Next add the 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, cereal crumbs and vanilla extract. Refrigerate until it’s completely cooled.
- Once frozen, set up the ice cream maker, and spin on low speed. Strain the liquid base through a fine sieve to catch the cereal that did not absorb into the milk.
- Pour the ice cream base into ice cream maker after it starts spinning.
- Stir on low speed for 10 minutes and increase to medium speed for another 5-10 minutes until the ice cream solidifies to a thick soft-serve like consistency.
- Prepare a freezer-safe container and you’ll divide the ice cream into thirds. Layer the bottom of the pan with 1/3 of the ice cream, then add a few spoonsful of marshmallow creme and gently swirl with a knife. Then sprinkle in 1/3 of the Lucky Charms marshmallows. Repeat this step two more times, ending with swirls of marshmallow and the cereal charms on top. You can use as much marshmallow and cereal charms as desired.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours before serving.
– For this recipe I purchased a 13oz jar of marshmallow creme and used about 3/4 of the jar for this recipe. You can add as much or as little as you would like
– Be sure to allow for enough preparation time to freeze your ice cream maker and another 4-6 hours for your ice cream to completely freeze.
– If you prefer not to use whole milk and heavy cream, I suggest using all heavy cream.
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Ice Cream Maker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cereal milk ice cream, ice cream with marshmallows, marshmallow ice cream, homemade ice cream recipe, homemade ice cream recipe for ice cream maker, lucky charms ice cream