This Maple Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars recipe has a delicious cookie base, creamy cheesecake center and the best homemade apple pie filling on top!
For the pie filling
- 4 Medium apples, sliced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Apple pie spice
For the cookie base
- 3/4 C Unsalted butter – softened (1.5 sticks)
- 1 C Granulated sugar
- 1/4 C Light brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 C All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2/3 C Walnuts – ground crumbs (optional)
For the cheesecake filling
- 2 C Heavy cream
- 1/2 C Powdered sugar
- 16 oz Cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 C Light Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Caramel
For the pie filling
- Slice apples into small pieces and squeeze a lemon over top and stir to combine.
- Add brown sugar, flour, maple syrup, cinnamon, apple pie spice over top of apples. Stir to mix ingredients.
- Heat apples on the stove over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until soft. Stir occasionally. You want the apples to be mushy like apple sauce, instead of the larger chunks. Set aside and allow to cool completely, refrigerate if necessary.
For the cookie
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Allow butter to soften, for about 30 minutes- you don’t want it to be too soft.
- Combine butter with granulated and brown sugars. Beat on medium speed until the butter and sugar are well combined and mixture becomes somewhat fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and maple syrup and beat until all ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Use a food processor to grind up walnuts into a fine crumb. Add to dry ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet batter and beat on medium speed until dough forms.
- Line a 9*13” pan with parchment paper or a baking mat. Spread cookie dough out across the bottom of the pan and gently pat down.
- Bake at 375° F for 25-28 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan completely.
For the cheesecake layer
- Put bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 minutes until completely cold. Whip heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream.
- Allow cream cheese co come to room temperature. Beat cream cheese on a high speed until well whipped.
- Add powdered sugar and cinnamon and beat until well combined. Add heavy cream and caramel and beat on medium high speed for minute or two. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spread cream cheese mixture on cooled cookie base. Top with apple pie filling. Refrigerate for at least 2-4 hours so the cream cheese layer can set. Topped with additional caramel.
Total time includes refrigeration. Keep refrigerated.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple pie cheesecake bars, apple cheesecake bars, cheesecake bars recipe, caramel apple cheesecake bars, recipe for cheesecake bars