This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This Maple Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars recipe has a delicious cookie base, creamy cheesecake center and the best homemade apple pie filling on top! These apple cheesecake bars are the perfect dessert for fall!
Maple Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars
Well today marks the final day of apple week! Lindsay and I have been sharing our best apple recipes all week long! Monday, I made Brown Butter Apple Pie Muffins and Wednesday I made Bourbon Apple Pie Ice Cream. Be sure to check out Lindsay’s treats as well! Her Caramel Apple Blondie Cheesecake is to-die for, and today, these Caramel Apple Trifles are just mouth watering!
Today, I am sharing Maple Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars.
These Cheesecake Bars Use One Of My Favorite Cookie Recipes
My Maple Sugar Cookies are the base of these bars. In cookie form, these are one of my freaking favorite cookies! They are soft like pillows and full of maple flavor. I even blended in some crushed walnuts, adding even more to the soft texture. I baked the base in a 9”x13” pan, which created a crust about ¾” thick. I have to admit, I cut out a corner of the cookie to taste it before I added the cheesecake layer. It’s just too good not to try!
My Homemade Apple Pie Filling Has A Secret Ingredient
Of course I topped these bars with apple pie filling. I swear, just about anything with apple pie filling is just downright awesome. These bars are no exception. You can make the apple filling while the cookie is baking. I like to cook this at a low temperature, heating all the flavors together. My secret to my apple pie filling, is adding a bit of maple syrup to the mix. I like to multitask and do as few dishes as possible. Plus, you will need to let the pie filling (and the cookie) cool completely.
How To Make The Cheesecake Filling
The last layer of these bars is the cheesecake filling. I used the same brown sugar caramel cheesecake base as I used in my Apple Pie Lasagna. I changed this recipe up to use fresh whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. If you don’t want to make homemade whipped cream, then you can certainly substitute Cool Whip. I just really love the texture of homemade whipped cream.
How To Assemble These Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars
After the cookie is cooled, you just add the cheesecake layer and top it with your apple pie filling. It is best if you can refrigerate this for at least 2 hours to allow the cheesecake layer to set. As if there wasn’t enough sugar already, I topped this with some caramel drizzle. These cheesecake bars are just dreamy.
Once refrigerated, the cookie gets more firm. So I like to allow them to sit out for 15-20 minutes to soften before serving. Since this has the cheesecake layer, it does need to stay refrigerated. Don’t be intimidated by the list of ingredients or the number of steps. It’s really easier than you think!
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting:Print
This Maple Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars recipe has a delicious cookie base, creamy cheesecake center and the best homemade apple pie filling on top!
For the pie filling
- 4 Medium apples, sliced
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Apple pie spice
For the cookie base
- 3/4 C Unsalted butter – softened (1.5 sticks)
- 1 C Granulated sugar
- 1/4 C Light brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 C All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2/3 C Walnuts – ground crumbs (optional)
For the cheesecake filling
- 2 C Heavy cream
- 1/2 C Powdered sugar
- 16 oz Cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 C Light Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Caramel
For the pie filling
- Slice apples into small pieces and squeeze a lemon over top and stir to combine.
- Add brown sugar, flour, maple syrup, cinnamon, apple pie spice over top of apples. Stir to mix ingredients.
- Heat apples on the stove over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until soft. Stir occasionally. You want the apples to be mushy like apple sauce, instead of the larger chunks. Set aside and allow to cool completely, refrigerate if necessary.
For the cookie
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Allow butter to soften, for about 30 minutes- you don’t want it to be too soft.
- Combine butter with granulated and brown sugars. Beat on medium speed until the butter and sugar are well combined and mixture becomes somewhat fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and maple syrup and beat until all ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Use a food processor to grind up walnuts into a fine crumb. Add to dry ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet batter and beat on medium speed until dough forms.
- Line a 9*13” pan with parchment paper or a baking mat. Spread cookie dough out across the bottom of the pan and gently pat down.
- Bake at 375° F for 25-28 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan completely.
For the cheesecake layer
- Put bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 minutes until completely cold. Whip heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream.
- Allow cream cheese co come to room temperature. Beat cream cheese on a high speed until well whipped.
- Add powdered sugar and cinnamon and beat until well combined. Add heavy cream and caramel and beat on medium high speed for minute or two. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spread cream cheese mixture on cooled cookie base. Top with apple pie filling. Refrigerate for at least 2-4 hours so the cream cheese layer can set. Topped with additional caramel.
Total time includes refrigeration. Keep refrigerated.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple pie cheesecake bars, apple cheesecake bars, cheesecake bars recipe, caramel apple cheesecake bars, recipe for cheesecake bars