These Peppermint Patty Cookies are the perfect Christmas cookie! Moist and chewy dark chocolate cookies are topped with Peppermint Patties and baked until warm, gooey, soft, minty, and so chocolatey.
- ½ cup (113g) melted butter
- ½ cup (110g) packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (48g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (105g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (55g) Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup (135g) chocolate chips
- 10 Peppermint Patties, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-45 seconds. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Combine the melted butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until the dough starts to form.
- Before the dough thickens, add the chocolate chips. Beat until incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking sheet. Scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop and place on baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Place a peppermint patty in the center of the cookies and gently press down to attach.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The center of the cookies should be slightly underbaked but not too gooey. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate christmas cookie, peppermint patty cookie, chocolate cookies