These Mini Pecan Tarts are made with a soft pie crust and filled with a brown sugar pecan filling. It’s similar to pecan pie, but in a bite-sized treat. The simple pecan filling is only 5 ingredients.
For the crust:
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups (280g) all-purpose flour
For the filling:
- 1 ½ cups (330g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon (5g) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease a mini muffin pan.
- For the crust: In a medium sized bowl, combine the softened butter and cream and beat together until very well combined.
- Next, slowly add the flour and beat until all the ingredients are well combined and it has turn into a ball of dough.
- For the filling: In a medium sized bowl, combine the brown sugar eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract and beat together until well combined. Then fold in the chopped pecans.
- To assemble: It’s helpful to divide the crust in half and then separate out 12-16 balls of dough, approximately 1 tablespoon in size.
- Press each ball of dough into the greased muffin pan and press into the center of the dough, patting the dough against the edges to shape the crust.
- Fill each crust with 1 heaping teaspoon of filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 250°F for 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Category: Cookie
Keywords: Pecan Tart, Mini Pecan Tart, Pie, Pecan Pie