These M&M Brownies are perfect made-from-scratch brownies that are loaded with mini chocolate chips and mini M&Ms. They’re moist, rich, fudgy, and have just the right amount of candy crunch!
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted (see notes)
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (190g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (70g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (55g) Rodelle cocoa powder, sifted (see notes)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup (112g) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ – ¾ cup (100-125g) mini M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for approximately 2 minutes at 50% power. Stir every 30 seconds until completely melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the melted butter with the granulated sugar; beat together until well combined.
- Next, add the egg and egg yolk and beat for 60-90 seconds at a higher speed until the batter is fluffy (texture resembling a cake batter). Then add the vanilla extract and melted chocolate and beat until combined.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and stir to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms with a spatula.
- Generously grease an 8-inch baking pan. Spread the batter evenly and bake at 350°F for 20-24 minutes. The toothpick should still be somewhat gooey but not wet in the center. Remove from the oven and allow to cool prior to cutting. Store in an airtight container.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American