Eggnog Cheesecake Parfaits are an easy Christmas dessert featuring layers of fluffy eggnog cheesecake, gingersnap cookies and dulce de leche.
For the filling
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 6 tablespoons eggnog, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
For the parfaits
- 24 gingersnaps
- ½ cup Dulce de leche (optional)
For the filling:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate and 2 tablespoons of eggnog. Microwave at 50% power for 30-60 seconds, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place a medium-sized metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare a batch of whipped cream by pouring the heavy whipping cream in the chilled bowl and beat on medium speed until the cream starts to thicken.
- As the cream thickens, slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Soften the cream cheese by removing the wrapper and microwave for 15-20 seconds. Beat the cream cheese until smooth, 2-3 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- To prepare the vanilla bean, use a sharp knife to cut through the top layer of skin. Then use the backside of the knife the scrape the vanilla bean. You want to get as much of the little black flecks out as possible.
- Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of eggnog, nutmeg, vanilla bean and melted white chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and beat until the mixture is well combined. You want the chocolate to be fully mixed into the cream cheese.
- Next, fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
- Now you can assemble the parfaits as described below and refrigerate them, or you can refrigerate the filling and assemble the parfaits later. The filling needs at least 4 hours in the refrigerator to set, but the longer the better. If you assemble the parfaits and then refrigerate, the gingersnap cookies soften like cake.
For the topping:
- Prior to serving, prepare a second batch of whipped cream as instructed above.
- To assemble the parfaits: each parfait will take 6 gingersnaps, 2 per layer or more if desired. Break the gingersnaps into small pieces and place in the bottom of your cups.
- Add the first layer of filling. It’s easier if you place the filling in a large Ziploc or piping bag. Squeeze the filling into the parfait cup in an even layer. Drizzle with dulce de leche.
- Repeat this 2 more times. You will have 3 layers of cookies and 3 layers of filling.
- Top these off with the whipped cream, using a large open star tip to pipe it on top.
- Garnish with cookie crumbs or cinnamon.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American