This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Layers of fluffy no-bake eggnog cheesecake layered with gingersnap cookies and dulce de leche. I love a good no-bake dessert.
Well the first day of the 2016 snow season is officially in the books and it started with over a foot of powder, and in some spots it was well above the knee. Days like this are what we crave, it feeds the soul and creating memories with friends is what it’s all about. These days can be few and far between but it makes it even harder to sit at work the next day! It’s the busiest time of year, yet I am able to take a day and get away from it all and I’m not even mad about it.
With Christmas quickly approaching, I am squeezing in every last chance to drink my beloved eggnog, and I finally found a lite version from Target’s brand, Market Pantry. I can still enjoy it without ALL the calories.
However, all those concerns fly out the window when it comes to these No-Bake Eggnog Cheesecake Parfaits! In order to get the eggnog flavor to shine, while still maintaining a fluffy cheesecake filling, I’ve worked a little magic here.
The cheesecake filling is made with some white chocolate, eggnog and spices. I even added a vanilla bean to enrich the flavor even more. This can be a pricey ingredient, but I like to buy mine at World Market, and sometimes I splurge on some vanilla bean paste. You can certainly substitute some vanilla extract if that is all you have on hand.
I find that the longer the filling sits, the lighter and fluffier it gets. First I let the filling sit in the fridge for a couple hours, and then I built the parfaits and let them sit overnight. This allows the cookies to soften so they are cake-like and even a little gooey once you add the cheesecake filling. I decided I should also add a little dulce de leche just for fun. Can you blame me?
This recipe makes 4 large parfaits, but if you are serving a few more, you can definitely make them smaller. I like to use mini jam jars, about 4 ounces in size, and you can add more cookies to the bottom.
The homemade whipped cream on top is optional but it does make for a very pretty presentation. If homemade whipped cream isn’t your thing, feel free to use Cool Whip for the filling or the topping.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll pour myself another glass of eggnog.
Follow Beyond Frosting:
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!
Eggnog Cheesecake Parfaits are an easy Christmas dessert featuring layers of fluffy eggnog cheesecake, gingersnap cookies and dulce de leche.
For the filling
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 6 tablespoons eggnog, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
For the parfaits
- 24 gingersnaps
- ½ cup Dulce de leche (optional)
For the filling:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate and 2 tablespoons of eggnog. Microwave at 50% power for 30-60 seconds, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place a medium-sized metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare a batch of whipped cream by pouring the heavy whipping cream in the chilled bowl and beat on medium speed until the cream starts to thicken.
- As the cream thickens, slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Soften the cream cheese by removing the wrapper and microwave for 15-20 seconds. Beat the cream cheese until smooth, 2-3 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- To prepare the vanilla bean, use a sharp knife to cut through the top layer of skin. Then use the backside of the knife the scrape the vanilla bean. You want to get as much of the little black flecks out as possible.
- Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of eggnog, nutmeg, vanilla bean and melted white chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and beat until the mixture is well combined. You want the chocolate to be fully mixed into the cream cheese.
- Next, fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
- Now you can assemble the parfaits as described below and refrigerate them, or you can refrigerate the filling and assemble the parfaits later. The filling needs at least 4 hours in the refrigerator to set, but the longer the better. If you assemble the parfaits and then refrigerate, the gingersnap cookies soften like cake.
For the topping:
- Prior to serving, prepare a second batch of whipped cream as instructed above.
- To assemble the parfaits: each parfait will take 6 gingersnaps, 2 per layer or more if desired. Break the gingersnaps into small pieces and place in the bottom of your cups.
- Add the first layer of filling. It’s easier if you place the filling in a large Ziploc or piping bag. Squeeze the filling into the parfait cup in an even layer. Drizzle with dulce de leche.
- Repeat this 2 more times. You will have 3 layers of cookies and 3 layers of filling.
- Top these off with the whipped cream, using a large open star tip to pipe it on top.
- Garnish with cookie crumbs or cinnamon.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: eggnog dessert, christmas dessert, thanksgiving dessert, parfait recipe, easy parfait
You might also like:
Fun eggnog recipes from my friends:
Eggnog Icebox Cake from Life Love and Sugar
Eggnog Empanadas from Taste and Tell
Eggnog Mousse Bars from Willow Bird Baking