A fun twist on a classic dessert, this No-Bake Tiramisu Cheesecake I layers of espresso and Kahlua soaked ladyfingers with a mascarpone mousse filled with chocolate covered espresso beans. It’s topped with a chocolate whipped cream.
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup chocolate covered espresso beans, chopped
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 packages ladyfingers (7oz ea)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- For the topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Prepare the filling by whipping the mascarpone cheese for 30 seconds on medium speed and then slowly add the heavy whipping cream and scrape down the bowl until it is a liquid consistency. Increase mixing speed to medium-high and continuing to add heavy whipped cream.
- Once soft peaks start to form, add powdered sugar and increase speed to high. Beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Chop the chocolate covered espresso beans using a nut grinder or by smashing he beans with a strong object such as a rolling pin until they are small pieces. Mix into the mascarpone filling.
- Prepare the syrup for the ladyfingers by combining boiling water with espresso powder and whisk until the powder is dissolved. Add Kahlua and whisk to combine. Allow the mixture to cool to the touch, refrigerate if necessary.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Dip each side of the lady fingers in the coffee mixture. Line the bottom of the pan with as many whole ladyfingers as possible and then cut the remaining pieces to fit.
- Take half of the mascarpone filling and spread over the bottom layer of the ladyfingers.
- For the sidewalls, brush only one of the ladyfingers with the espresso mixture using a soft pastry brush and place that side towards the inside of the cake, pressing into the mascarpone filling.
- Dust the filing with cocoa powder.
- Make a second layer of ladyfingers, dipping each side in the espresso, and laying out as many whole ladyfingers as possible. Cut the remaining pieces to fit.
- Spread the remaining filling over top of the ladyfingers.
- For the topping:
- Put your mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes until it is completely cold. Beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed for several minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Use a large open star tip (such as Ateco 846) and pipe rosettes over top of the cake. Dust the whipped cream with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate this cake for at least 3 hours before serving, the longer the better.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake cheesecake, easy dessert recipes, no bake desserts