These OREO Cheesecake Hand Pies feature a flakey pie crust filled with a creamy OREO cookie filling topped with a chocolate ganache.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 OREO cookies, crushed
- 1 box prepared pie crust (2 crusts)
- 1 egg, beaten
- For the topping:
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 OREO cookies, crushed
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Next add the 6 crushed OREO cookies and mix until thoroughly mixed
- Remove the pie crust from the package and flatten. Use a circular cutter approximately 4 ¼ inches diameter to cut the pie crust into circles. Use a rolling pin to make the dough thinner.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of the OREO filling and place in the middle of the pie crust circles.
- Fold each pie crust over in half and press the edges together with a fork to seal them together.
- Space the hand pies evenly on a silicone mat-lined baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, brush the beaten egg over each hand pie. Then use a sharp knife to cut a slit in the top of the pie crust, about ½ inch long on each hand pie.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 15 minutes until the bottom and edges start to brown.
- For the topping: In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and vegetable oil and microwave for 30-45 seconds until the chocolate starts to melt and then stir until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the hand pies and then sprinkle with crushed OREO cookies. These can be served warm or at room temperature.