For the muffins
- 2–3 Large peaches
- 2 1/2 C All-purpose flour
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 C Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 C Buttermilk
- 1/4 C Sour cream
- 2/3 C Macadamia nuts
- 3 tbsp Butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 C All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 1/2 C Macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Graciously grease your muffin tin with Crisco.
- Wash and peel peaches. Dice into small pieces about the size of a dime.
- Sift flour and measure 2 1/2 cups after sifted. Reserve 1/4 cup.
- Mix the 1/4 cup flour with peaches and gently stir to coat the peaches. Set aside.
- Combine remaining flour with baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg with a fork.
- Melt butter in microwave for 20-30 seconds until melted. Add melted butter to egg and whisk to combine.
- Add vanilla extract, buttermilk and sour cream to the eggs and butter. Use a whisk to whip together all wet ingredients until smooth.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon. Mix only until combined.
- Fold in peaches and macadamia nuts.
- To prepare streusel topping, combine butter with all dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until no large chunks remain.
- Fill each muffin cup to the top edge. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 400° F. After 5 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 350° F and bake for 15-18 minutes until edges are golden brown. Use a toothpick to check for doneness. Stick the toothpick into the center of the muffin and if it comes out clean, the muffin is done.
- Category: Muffins