This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
These Peach Macadamia Nut muffins are stuffed with peaches and macadamia nuts and topped with a brown sugar macadamia nut crumble.
I am so happy it’s Thursday, because that means tomorrow is Friday and I am one step closer to the weekend. I look forward to my weekend that I know I will be spending in the kitchen! I have some more exciting news. I
am going to be contributing to a new blog called My Cooking Spot! Erin found me through my Instagram account and asked if I would be interested in contributing to her new blog. Erin Kennedy is the owner of My Cooking Spot . A website dedicated to recipes, tips, cooking 101 with lots of information about food and cooking.
Since developing my master muffin mix, I have become somewhat obsessed with coming up with new muffin recipes with all the fresh fruits that is in season right now. So I took it upon myself to create a peach muffin so packed with flavor that you will have to make another batch as soon as you eat your way through this one.
These muffins are stuffed with peaches and macadamia nuts and topped with a brown sugar macadamia nut crumble. You don’t want to miss these.Print
These moist, tender muffins are studded with juicy peaches and crunchy macadamia nuts. So good!
For the muffins
- 2–3 Large peaches
- 2 1/2 C All-purpose flour
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 C Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 C Buttermilk
- 1/4 C Sour cream
- 2/3 C Macadamia nuts
- 3 tbsp Butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 C All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Light brown sugar
- 1/2 C Macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Graciously grease your muffin tin with Crisco.
- Wash and peel peaches. Dice into small pieces about the size of a dime.
- Sift flour and measure 2 1/2 cups after sifted. Reserve 1/4 cup.
- Mix the 1/4 cup flour with peaches and gently stir to coat the peaches. Set aside.
- Combine remaining flour with baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg with a fork.
- Melt butter in microwave for 20-30 seconds until melted. Add melted butter to egg and whisk to combine.
- Add vanilla extract, buttermilk and sour cream to the eggs and butter. Use a whisk to whip together all wet ingredients until smooth.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon. Mix only until combined.
- Fold in peaches and macadamia nuts.
- To prepare streusel topping, combine butter with all dry ingredients. Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until no large chunks remain.
- Fill each muffin cup to the top edge. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 400° F. After 5 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 350° F and bake for 15-18 minutes until edges are golden brown. Use a toothpick to check for doneness. Stick the toothpick into the center of the muffin and if it comes out clean, the muffin is done.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast muffins, peach muffins, easy muffin recipe