Made with creamy peanut butter and rolled oats, these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are soft, chewy and simply irresistible! With a soft center, crispy edges and the crunch of crushed peanuts, there may never be a better peanut butter cookie!
- ½ cup (113g) butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup (264g) creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup (95g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (110g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cups (105g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups (72g) rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (80g) peanuts, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine the softened butter with peanut butter and beat until completely smooth; scrape down the bowl occasionally. Next add the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients, except the nuts. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form. Before the dough thickens, add the nuts. Beat a couple of times just until the flour incorporates.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Scoop the dough using a large cookie scoop and place on a sheet pan, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. The center of the cookie should be slightly under baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- This recipe is easy to double to make 24 cookies
- Remove from oven slightly undercooked. I recommend pulling these out of the oven just before the centers are fully baked, but when they’re not too glossy. They’ll continue cooking on the baking sheet after you remove it from the oven
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chewy peanut butter cookies, soft peanut butter cookie recipe, best peanut butter cookie recipe