Soft and buttery sugar cookies with a peppermint crunch. These white chocolate dipped Peppermint Crunch Sugar Cookies are perfect for the holidays.
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (285g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (420g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup Andes Peppermint Crunch
- ¼ cup red and green sprinkles
- 8 ounces Ghirardelli white chocolate
- Combine the butter with the sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into the butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients. Slowly add into the batter and beat on medium-low speed until well combined and dough forms. Lastly, add the Andes Peppermint Crunch and the sprinkles and mix until well combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Place the dough about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350° F 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- To dip in chocolate, wait until the cookies have cooled completely. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt half the chocolate wafers at 50% power in 30-second intervals; stir after each interval and continue until chocolate is melted. Reduce microwave time as needed so the chocolate does not burn.
- Dip the cookies in the chocolate, tap off excess chocolate on the sides of the bowl and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Add sprinkles if desired.
- Andes Peppermint Crunch– If you can’t find the baking chips, you can chop up regular Andes peppermint mint, Hershey’s Candy Cane bars or Kisses.
- Don’t skip refrigerating the dough- it helps prevent the cookie from baking flat.
- Any type of chocolate will work with these cookies, so if you don’t like white chocolate, feel free to use milk or dark instead.
Freezing cookie dough: Prepare the dough and portion it out using a large cookie scoop. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes or flash freeze for 10 minutes to harden the dough. Place dough balls in an airtight bag or container. To bake, thaw overnight in the refrigerator or place on the counter to come to room temperature.
Freezing finished cookies: If possible, freeze the cookie prior to dipping in chocolate for best results. Thaw cookies before dipping. If you need to freeze the dipped cookies, do so with a layer of parchment or wax paper between them. Freeze in an airtight container. To prevent condensation, thaw in the refrigerator first.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chewy sugar cookies, Christmas cookies, peppermint cookies