This drool-worthy pumpkin bread is layered with a simple cream cheese swirl. It’s incredibly moist, and it’s loaded with fall spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
For the bread
- ½ cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons (29g) butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180g) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (220g) light brown sugar, packed
- 3 teaspoons (7.5g) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (2.5g) pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ¼ cups (175g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon (8.5g) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the cream cheese filling
- 8 ounces (226g) full-fat cream cheese- at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (63g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon (5gml) pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a loaf pan. Spray with cooking spray and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Combine the oil, butter, egg, and vanilla extract and beat together until well combined. Then add the pumpkin puree and continue mixing until well combined.
- Beat in the dry ingredients. First, add the brown sugar and continue beating until well combined. Then beat in the spices: cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and nutmeg. Add the remaining dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt, and beat just until the flour is incorporated. Use a spatula to mix the batter, ensuring all ingredients are well combined.
- To make the cream cheese filling, beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract together until fluffy and free of lumps. Then add the egg and beat until well combined.
- Build the layers: Add 1 cup of the pumpkin batter to the bottom of the pan, then add about half of the cream cheese batter and spread evenly. Repeat this two more times, you’ll have just a couple spoonfuls of cream cheese for the top. Swirl the top layer with a knife.
- Bake at 350°F for 55-65 minutes on the middle rack of the oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. If the top is browning too quickly, tent it with aluminum foil for the last 15-20 minutes or so of baking. Cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin bread, quick bread recipe, pumpkin recipe