These Skinny Sweet Potato and Banana Muffins are a great healthy breakfast option. With no added sugar, these are sweetened with maple syrup.
- ½ cup cooked & pureed sweet potato
- 1 medium Banana, mashed
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 large Egg white
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease muffin pan with cooking spray.
- First boil your sweet potatoes and remove skins. Finley mash with a fork or food processor.
- Next, peel the banana and mash with a fork and combine with the mashed sweet potato.
- Add the maple syrup, egg, egg white and vanilla extract. Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- In the same bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk just until flour is combined. Fold in chocolate chips last.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin using a large cookie scoop (about 3 tablespoons). Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. Serve within 3 days or freeze. To thaw, leave on the countertop. Reheat in the microwave 10-15 seconds.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sweet Potato Muffin