My Almond Cookies are crisp on the edges and soft and chewy in the center. They are loaded with almond flavor and definitely remind me of sugar cookies.
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (285g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1– 1 1/2 teaspoons (5ml) almond extract
- 3 cups (420g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Combine the butter and sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together. Add the eggs and almond extract. Mix into butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients. Slowly add to the dough and beat on medium-low speed until the dough forms.
- Use a large cookie scoop and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place the dough about 2 inches apart. Gently press 5 sliced almonds into the top of the cookies.
- Bake at 350° F 12-15 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- Make ahead and storage options: Prepare the dough ahead of time and leave it in the refrigerator or freezer. If it’s more than 48 hours, I recommend freezing the dough in an airtight container. Thaw prior to baking . Finished cookies can be frozen and stored in an airtight container
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: holiday cookies, soft sugar cookies, almond sugar cookies