- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (380g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (420g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&M candies
- In your stand mixer, combine the butter with the sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into the butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough starts to form. Add the MnMs and fold into the dough with a spatula.
- Use a large cookie scoop and place the cookies on a silicone lined baking sheet. Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place the cookies about 2 inches apart on your baking sheet. If your cookies have been refrigerated longer than 2 hours, allow them to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes. Right when you pull them out of the oven, place a few MnMs on top of each cookie. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Freezing cookies & cookie dough: You can either freeze the dough or freeze the baked cookies. The freeze the dough, prepare as instructed, scoop the dough and freeze in an air tight freezer-safe container. Thaw completely prior to baking. To freeze baked cookies, cool completely an air tight freezer-safe container.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Baked
Keywords: MnM Cookies, M&M Cookies, easy sugar cookie recipe