These Eggnog Cream Pies are the best way to enjoy the holiday beverage as a dessert. A buttery graham cracker crust filled with a heavenly Eggnog Mousse and topped with fresh whipped cream
- 1 box (3.4oz) Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup spiced Rum (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Combine instant vanilla pudding mix with eggnog, rum, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until powder dissolves. Refrigerate until pudding is firm, about 10 minutes.
- Put bowl and whisk in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to chill. Beat the heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until soft peaks form.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream until you are ready to use.
- Take 2 cup of the whipped cream and fold into the prepared pudding, stir to combine. Put the mousse in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate until you are ready to use. Save remaining Whipped Cream to top the parfaits with.
- Use a food processor to grind graham crackers into a fine crumb. Combine the graham crackers crumbs with melted butter and stir to combine.
- To assemble these jars, place 1-2 tablespoons of graham crackers in the bottom of the jar. Cut a small hole in the corner of the Ziploc bag and fill the jars with eggnog mousse. Top mousse with a dollop of the leftover whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg. Jars must stay refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Rum can be omitted, just replace with additional eggnog
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American