This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
These Eggnog Cream Pies are the best way to enjoy the holiday beverage as a dessert. A buttery graham cracker crust filled with a heavenly Eggnog Mousse and topped with whipped cream
I’ve have discovered that adding Eggnog into things like pudding mix is the best thing since my Apple Pie Lasagna. I thought I was all smart and inventing new things like eggnog pudding- which for the record obviously already exists, and I didn’t bother checking. B
ut as I drank my way through the carton of eggnog, I discovered the eggnog pudding recipe on the side of the carton. Duh Julianne. This recipe is spiked with Rum. The rum is optional! So here I am, sitting on my couch stuffing my face full of these Spiked Eggnog Cream Pie Parfaits.
Anyway, I made eggnog pudding by adding eggnog instead of milk to some vanilla instant pudding and little extra cinnamon and nutmeg. This is unbelievably amazing, like be-sure-to-sneak-extra-bites–when-no-one-is-looking AMAZING. Then I made the pudding into a mousse with some homemade whipped cream, which makes its light and fluffy and full of goodness.
I really wanted to make a pie of out of this, but under the weight of the mousse and whipped cream layer, it didn’t look very pretty on the plate. So we improvise with these cute little cream pie jars!
The first layer is a graham cracker crumbs, with a little bit of butter for a more crust-like appeal. Then a heavy layer of mousse and a topping of whipped cream. You can make up these jars ahead of time, and don’t stress yourself out of the dessert!
I mentioned homemade whipped cream, which is SO much better than Cool Whip. I’ve got nothing against Cool Whip, and you can most certainly use it for this recipe. However, the whipped cream helps add the air bubbles that you just don’t get with Cool Whip. What do the air bubble do? They help keep this mousse airy and fluffy.
These Eggnog Cream Pie Parfaits will knock your socks off. You can layer them, you can use serve these in a variety of different jars or glasses, or even serve them as dessert shooters.
More eggnog recipes:
Keep up with all the happenings. Subscribe at the end of this post!
Follow Beyond Frosting:Print
These Eggnog Cream Pies are the best way to enjoy the holiday beverage as a dessert. A buttery graham cracker crust filled with a heavenly Eggnog Mousse and topped with fresh whipped cream
- 1 box (3.4oz) Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup spiced Rum (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Combine instant vanilla pudding mix with eggnog, rum, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until powder dissolves. Refrigerate until pudding is firm, about 10 minutes.
- Put bowl and whisk in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to chill. Beat the heavy cream on medium high speed for several minutes until soft peaks form.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate whipped cream until you are ready to use.
- Take 2 cup of the whipped cream and fold into the prepared pudding, stir to combine. Put the mousse in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate until you are ready to use. Save remaining Whipped Cream to top the parfaits with.
- Use a food processor to grind graham crackers into a fine crumb. Combine the graham crackers crumbs with melted butter and stir to combine.
- To assemble these jars, place 1-2 tablespoons of graham crackers in the bottom of the jar. Cut a small hole in the corner of the Ziploc bag and fill the jars with eggnog mousse. Top mousse with a dollop of the leftover whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg. Jars must stay refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Rum can be omitted, just replace with additional eggnog
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American