A creamy mint ice cream packed with Thin Mint Cookies
- 3 C Heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 C Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Mint extract
- 1 1/2 Sleeve Thin Mints
- Hot fudge sauce (optional)
- Pre-freeze your ice cream maker attachment as directed, usually at least 15 hours.
- Heat 1 C whipping cream with 3/4 C sugar and a pinch of salt. Heat in a pot on medium heat, stirring just until it starts to bubble and sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool for a few minutes and add remaining 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and mint extract. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Once the heavy cream is cold again, set up ice cream maker, and spin on low speed, pour heavy cream mixture into ice cream maker. It is really important to have the mixer started as you pour in the cream. The cream will start to freeze to the sides right away.
- Stir on low speed for 10 minutes and then increase to medium speed. Mix for another 5-7 minutes on medium speed.
- While ice cream is spinning, use a food processor to chop Thin Mints into a fine crumb.
- Reserve half a sleeve of Thin Mints and break up with your hands into smaller chunks that will be placed in layers into the ice cream.
- During the last two minutes of mixing, pour Thin Mint crumbs into ice cream mixer while it is still churning.
- Once ice cream is done mixing, pour 1/3 of ice cream in your container, followed by a 1/2 of your chunks of Thin Mint cookies. Repeat with a layer of 1/2 of your remaining ice cream, and top with remaining Thin Mint Chunks. Pour the remaining ice cream on top.
- Return to freeze for 2-3 hours until desired frozen consistency.
Prep time includes freezing your ice cream maker.