Everyone needs an Easy Sugar Cookies that’s quick to prepare. You can top these sugar cookies with a vanilla frosting, or roll them in sugar or sprinkles. They’re buttery, dense and chewy in the middle. Drop sugar cookies are perfect when you don’t feel like going through all the hassle to make cut out cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- Combine the butter with the sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until it’s well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms.
- Use a large cookie scoop and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place the dough about 2 inches apart, and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake at 350° F 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely