Everyone needs an Easy Sugar Cookies that’s quick to prepare. You can top these sugar cookies with a vanilla frosting, or roll them in sugar or sprinkles. They’re buttery, dense and chewy in the middle. Drop sugar cookies are perfect when you don’t feel like going through all the hassle to make cut out cookies.
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (380g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (420g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (2g) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (2g) cream of tarter
- ¼ teaspoon (1.2g) salt (optional- need notes)
- Soften the butter in the microwave for 10-12 seconds. Combine the butter with the sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into the butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms.
- Use a large cookie scoop and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place the dough about 2 inches apart, and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake at 350° F 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- Serve these rolled in granulated sugar
- Serve these rolled in sanding sugar or sprinkles
- Top these with Perfect Vanilla Frosting
- These are decorated with Sweetapolita sprinkles.
- Do not skip the chill time, otherwise your cookies with be very flat
- The original recipe did not call for salt, however some people think that a little bit of salt helps cut the sweetness, so it’s listed as optional. It’s not a required ingredient.
- Disclaimer: nutritional facts are estimated and does not include any additional candy, sprinkles or frosting. If needed, final nutritional information should be calculated based off the actual ingredients you use.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookies
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 8.2g
- Sodium: 57.9mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrates: 28.7g
- Fiber: .4g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 35.8mg
Keywords: Sugar cookies, Sugar Cookie Recipe, Chewy Sugar Cookies, Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies, Easy Sugar Cookies