Easy Christmas Cupcake Ideas You’ll Love to make with the kids
For the vanilla frosting:
- 1 1/2 cup (339 g) (3 sticks) unsalted butter, cold.
- 5 cups (650 g) powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons (12 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) heavy whipping cream (or milk)
- Back a batch of cupcake and cool completely.
For the vanilla frosting
- Cut the butter into pieces. Using the paddle attachment, whip the butter for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the bowl occasionally, beating until the butter look light in color.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until incorporated into the butter then add the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Beat for about 60 seconds.
- Next, add an additional 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat on low speed until sugar is incorporated. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 3 minutes.
- Add last 1 cup powdered sugar along with the heavy whipping cream. Beat on low until the ingredients start to mix together. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for another 3-5 minutes to whip additional air into the frosting.
- Frosting: One batch of my frosting makes 4 1/2 cups, enough to generously frost 24 cupcakes. The 3 primary colors used in this tutorial are white, red and green and then chocolate (or brown) frosting. As a general rule of thumb, I dye at least 1 1/2 cups each of red and green buttercream. Here is my recipe for chocolate frosting if needed
- Frosting flavor: If you’d prefer to flavor this frosting with something other than vanilla, try almond or peppermint extract.
- Additional helpful equipment for decorating:
- Large or small piping bags
- Couplers– these make it super easy to switch out smaller piping tips!
- Piping tips: Wilton Size 21, Wilton size 12, Basket weave tip size 47. These three piping tips come in my favorite jumob 6-pc set or you can buy them individually: Ateco 808, Ateco 846, Ateco 864,
- Angled spatula
- AmeriColor gels or Wilton Color Right Gels
- Sprinkles- Sweetapolita Christmas Sprinkles
- Category: Cupcakes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Christmas Cupcakes, Christmas Cupcake Ideas, Easy Christmas Cupcakes,