This easy pumpkin pie recipe is rich, creamy, and packed with warm fall flavors. Served with a dollop of fluffy whipped cream, this classic dessert is a must-try for pumpkin lovers!
- 1 pie crust recipe, partially baked
- 1 can (15oz/425g) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup (95g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (55g) light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon (3g) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (2.5g) ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup (177ml) evaporated milk
- ¾ cup (177ml) whole milk
- Prepare a 9-inch pie crust and partially blind bake it.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree with the granulated and brown sugar, salt and all spices. Mix to combine.
- Next add the eggs and beat until well combined. Then slowly add the milks and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the filling in the partially baked crust. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes and then reduce the oven to 350°F for approximately 35 minutes. The center will be slightly giggly. Cool completely prior to serving.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- A store-bought crust is not large enough for the filling, so if you are using one I recommend only filling it 3/4 of the way and adjusting the bake time accordingly.
- Follow the full tutorial for the pie crust including how to blind bake it
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin pie recipe, best pumpkin pie recipe, homemade pumpkin pie, how to make pumpkin pie