This no-bake Pumpkin Pie Lasagna is a quick and easy fall dessert to share. Layers of pumpkin mousse, whipped cream and graham crackers make this icebox cake the perfect fall dessert.
*This post has been updated in September 2016. It was originally written in September 2013. I first made this dessert in a 9-inch spingform pan, but you can also use a 9-inch square pan. I’ve also added a video*
You guys, oh my gosh. This is one of my new TWO favorite desserts. The other is my apple pie lasagna. I throw the term favorite out there a lot, but I am way serious about this one. I call this Pumpkin Pie Lasagna. Ever since I first made this, I’ve been sharing it come October/November for parties and potlucks. It’s a hit every time.
If you’ve never had dessert lasagna, you don’t know what you’re missing. It is layers of graham crackers, pumpkin mousse and whipped cream, topped with chocolate chips. I like the hint of chocolate together with the pumpkin, but this would certainly be good with some caramel sauce as well.
Best of all, these dessert lasagna require NO BAKING. You can whip this together in about 15 minutes. I made my recipe using Cool Whip, which cuts down on some of the prep time, but you can most certainly use homemade whipped cream. I’ve done it both ways.
After this sets in the refrigerator for a couple hours, the graham cracker softens to a cake-like texture. Every bite is packed with layers of graham cracker and the light and airy pumpkin mousse.
I have to work out so I can continue to eat things like this Pumpkin Pie Lasagna while avoiding my typical holiday weight gain. Please tell me I am not the only one. I literally had to refrain from opening the fridge when I made this because I know I could take spoonful after spoonful until it was gone.
I originally made mine in a 9” spring form pan, but you can easily make this is a 9-inch square pan. I do like the look of the spring form pan when I removed the outer edges. I also used a sheet of parchment paper in the bottom of my pan to prevent the bottom layer from sticking to my pan, especially that bottom layer of graham crackers.
Follow Beyond Frosting:
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Heavy whipping cream
- ½ can (about 1 cup) Pumpkin (Libbys 15oz)
- 1 C Powdered sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 containers Cool Whip (8 oz)
- 1 Box Graham crackers (14 oz)
- 1 cup Mini chocolate chips
- Allow cream cheese to soften to room temperature. You can soften in the microwave for twenty seconds, just make sure to remove the outer foil wrapper first.
- Whip the cream cheese with your whisk attachment on medium for at least two minute until fluffy.
- Add the heavy cream and pumpkin continue to beat, increasing speed to medium high until all the ingredients are well combines.
- Next, add the powdered sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix on medium speed until well blended.
- Fold one of the 8oz container of Cool Whip into the pumpkin mixture and mix until it's well combined. You're mousse will be divided into thirds.
- Cover the bottom of your pan with parchment paper and graham crackers. You can break the crackers into pieces in order to get in the nook and crannies, but whole pieces are best. Use a serrated knife to cut the graham crackers.
- Cover graham crackers with a layer of the pumpkin mousse. Add a small handful of mini chocolate chips on top and cover with a thin layer of Cool Whip from the second container. Repeat this twice so that you end up with three layers.
- Sprinkle the top layer with mini chocolate chips.
- I suggest to allow at least three hours in the refrigerator for the graham crackers to soften. This is best served cold, but it must stay refrigerated.
You might also like:
Images from my original recipe