Pumpkin Pie Lasagna

Pumpkin Pie Lasagna | www.beyondfrosting.com | #pumpkin #pumpkinpie

You guys, oh my gosh. This is one of my new TWO favorite desserts. The other I am sharing with you on Sunday. I throw the term favorite out there a lot, but I am way serious about this one. I call this Pumpkin Pie Lasagna. It is layers of graham crackers, pumpkin mousse and whipped cream, topped with chocolate chips. From this point on, I will be making Pumpkin Pie Lasagna for all of my parties from now through, umm, December. Best of all, there is NO BAKING required. You can whip this together in about 15 minutes. The graham cracker softens after being refrigerated, and every bite is packed with layers of graham cracker, mousse and a hint of chocolate.

Pumpkin Pie Lasagna | www.beyondfrosting.com | #pumpkin #pumpkinpie

Ok, before I go any further, I need to rant for a minute. I started working out again this week. Let’s just says it’s been awhile and it’s hurts. Yesterday was my first day in the gym. I walked in and instantly was hit with that moldy/sweaty smell. Ugh I hate the gym.  Are you with me on this? Oh you are out of paper towels to clean the machine? How convenient.

Don’t even get my started on locker rooms. Call it a sixth grade complex, but locker rooms totally creep me out. First of all, I do not care to see you sitting there, completely naked. Please proceed with putting on your clothes immediately. The showers are even worse. I feel like I need a second shower just to feel clean after the first. Of coarse, there was no hot water yesterday, perfect. Did I mention that I hate the gym?

Pumpkin Pie Lasagna | www.beyondfrosting.com | #pumpkin #pumpkinpie

Back to pie. I have to work out so I can continue to eat things like this Pumpkin Pie Lasagna. I literally had to refrain from opening the fridge when I made this because I know I could take spoonful after spoonful until it was gone. I made mine in a 9” spring form pan, but you can easily make this is a casserole dish. I just liked the look of the spring form pan when I removed the outer edges. I doubled up the layers of graham crackers, the more the better. If you are using a casserole dish, I would suggest to double the recipe below. I also used a sheet of parchment paper in the bottom of my pan to prevent the bottom layer from sticking to my pan.

Pumpkin Pie Lasagna | www.beyondfrosting.com | #pumpkin #pumpkinpie

Pumpkin Pie Lasagna

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 8-10 servings

Ingredients

8 oz Cream cheese, softened
1/4 C Heavy whipping cream
1 C Powdered sugar
1/2 can Pumpkin (Libbys 15oz)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 containers Cool Whip (8 oz)
1 Box Graham crackers
1 C Mini chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Allow cream cheese to soften to room temperature. You can soften in the microwave for twenty seconds, just make sure to remove the outer foil wrapper.
  2. Whip cream cheese with your whisk attachment on medium for at least two minute until fluffy.
  3. Add heavy cream and continue to beat, increasing speed to medium high until heavy cream in mixed into cream cheese.
  4. Add powdered sugar, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Mix on medium speed until well blended. Add the full can of pumpkin for a stronger flavor
  5. Add 1 of the 8oz container of Cool Whip and mix until combined. Plan on splitting this mousse into thirds for your lasagna.
  6. Cover the bottom of your pan with graham crackers, in a double layer. You can break the crackers into pieces in order to get in the nook and crannies.
  7. Cover graham crackers with a layer of the pumpkin mousse. Add a small handful of mini chocolate chips on top and cover with a thin layer of cool whip. Repeat this twice so that you end up with three layers.
  8. Sprinkle the top layer with mini chocolate chips.
  9. I suggest to allow at least two hours in the fridge for the graham crackers to soften. Store in an air tight container and keep refrigerated. Best served cold.

Pumpkin Pie Lasagna | www.beyondfrosting.com | #pumpkin #pumpkinpie

I am head over heels in love with this Pumpkin Pie Lasagna because it allows me to enjoy the taste of pumpkin pie without turning on my oven. It has been really hot here lately, so baking hasn’t been on the top of my to-do list. Lastly, I promise I won’t be sharing another pumpkin recipe for a couple weeks, unless of coarse you guys ask for it, which is also, totally fine by me. Stayed tuned for apple week all next week!

Pumpkin Pie Lasagna | www.beyondfrosting.com | #pumpkin #pumpkinpie

Don’t miss the Apple Pie Lasagna!

Comments

• beyondfrosting says

That’s absolutely correct. Very limited options in my area. Thankfully they are opening on right next to my house next year, but that still doesn’t help my lunchtime work outs.

1. D D Dell says

Yes! I finally don’t care how fast the holidays arrive this year. Sooner the better if I have any chance of tasting this delightful delight! Yumo!

• beyondfrosting says

Oh my gosh! Thankfully I don’t know anyone here outside of work. I can’t imagine! U just don’t understand how people just chill there on the bench with no clothes on?!

• admin says

Hi Jeanie- I would say at least 1 cup per layer. You will have to determine how thick you want each graham cracker layer! I would say for the bottom layer, it is best to use a solid cracker to give it a little structure, but either way will work fine :)

• admin says

Hi Shannon- for the recipe I used a 9″ spring-form pan. That allowed me to remove the sides and cut it like a pie. You can just as easily use a square or rectangle pan. I noted in the recipe that if you use a 9×13″ pan, you may want to double the recipe. thanks!

• Nina says

After reading your comment I tried it out this morning using the whipped cream I added a tablespoon of mascarpone cheese and it worked great. Thank you so much for posting this recipe it is a new favorite, can’t wait to try the apple one next.

• beyondfrosting says

Hi Amy! Thank you so much! No-bake desserts are some of the best. They require somewhat little effort but produce great results!

• Beyond Frosting says

Hi there- there is a layer of pumpkin mousse (which contains the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, pumpkin puree and cool whip) and then I added an additional layer of just plain cool whip on top of that. I repeated that twice so I have 3 layers of each . Does that make sense?

2. Carol says

I’ve made layered desserts before, but they called for a single layer of graham crackers. Yours calls for 3 double layers. Does it really need all those graham crackers? Wouldn’t a single layer each time do the trick?

• Beyond Frosting says

Hi Carol- of coarse. You can adapt this recipe any way you link. I happen to love graham crackers so I added ad additional layer. I also did not want the “wet ingredients” on top to overpower the graham cracker layer. Happy baking!

3. Pat Cody says

If I use the whole can of pumpkin, do I increase the pumpkin pie spice to 1 tsp? or is the 1/2 tsp enough?

• Beyond Frosting says

Hi Pat- If you use a whole can of pumpkin, I do think you should increase the pumpkin pie spice, it can only add flavor :)

• Beyond Frosting says

Hi there! If you ate it immediately, the graham crackers would be crunchy. After soaking up some of the moisture, the crackers get soft, but not soggy. It’s actually very good. Mine lasted for 2 days and they were still good!

• Beyond Frosting says

Hi Julie- I think you could use fresh pumpkin, but I would purée it first. I don’t think chunks of pumpkin would work well. Best of luck!

4. Kristen says

This looks heavenly!! I plan on making it to serve as dessert at the restaurant where I work. What are your thoughts on substituting chocolate ganache for the mini chips? Glad I found you!! Thanks for the great recipe!

• Beyond Frosting says

Totally workable! But make sure the ganache is slightly cooled! Also since this has to be refrigerated, the ganache will harden but it shouldn’t be an issue

• Beyond Frosting says

Hi Jessica! The graham crackers are meant to be soft, otherwise you would have to make and eat right away! I am making mine a day ahead of time!

• Beyond Frosting says

Hi Candy, I used a 9×13″ pan for the apple pie lasagna. For the pumpkin one, I used a 9″ spring form pan, but you can also use a 9×13″ pan as well.

Trackbacks

1. […] Pumpkin Pie Lasagna from Beyond Frosting has been on my fall baking list for quite a while.  I had my friend Leslie and her husband and baby over for dinner and thought it would be the perfect time to make it.  As I am trying to cut down on my dessert intake (so hard when you love to bake by the way…and Halloween was 3 days ago!), I didn’t want this all for just Matt and I. […]