This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This No-Bake Pumpkin Lush Icebox Cake is a thick Golden Oreo crust with a pumpkin cheesecake filling and a cinnamon maple whipped cream on top. Just 30 minutes is all you need to throw this together and then toss it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve dessert.
Good news guys, after 4 straight days on the treadmill and salad on the regular, I am back down to my pre-Ohio trip weight. Bad news is, I am leaving for San Francisco tomorrow and I’ll be literally stuffing my face for 2 straight days. Do you have any favorite dessert spots in San Francisco? Leave me a comment or send me a message!
Even though it’s fall and I am baking #allthethings, I am still loving my no-bake desserts, and I have a few coming up for you this fall! You had to see that coming though right? After all, I wrote a whole cookbook about no-bake desserts! Obsessed? Maybe.
Today we’re mashing up my favorite pie (pumpkin) and making it no-bake. This No-Bake Pumpkin Lush Icebox Cake is one of the best ways to take the stress out of holiday baking. You can prepare it ahead of time so that you don’t have to worry about it later.
My friend Dorothy over at Crazy for Crust is kinda the queen of lush desserts, she even made a pumpkin lush with a pretzel crust, then my girl Lisa got on board this is cookie dough lush and I joined the party with my samoa lush. What I am trying to say is #lushforeveryone!
Lush desserts are basically layered no-bake icebox cakes, although instead of the traditional icebox cake with layers of graham cracker and filling, this dessert is 3-4 distinct layers.
The bottom cookie layer is made with golden Oreos which are a bit sweeter than a traditional graham cracker crust. You could even make this with a gingersnap or shortbread cookie crust.
The filling is essentially a pumpkin cheesecake. It’s a mix of cream cheese, pumpkin and some heavy cream. The secret to making a smooth filling is to ensure the cream cheese is at room temperature. If you are like me and you forget to take it out in advance, you can toss it in the microwave for 15 seconds and then beat it with the paddle attachment on your mixer for a few extra minutes.
I topped this off with some cinnamon maple whipped cream and some pecans for texture. You guys, the whipped cream is like pure gold.
In the past few weeks I’ve brought quite a few no-bake pumpkin desserts into work, and every time they get rave reviews. I think the awesome thing about no-bake pumpkin desserts is that they tend to be much lighter in texture than a baked dessert. Although this might also make you eat even more of it! This dessert can easily be doubled to serve a large crowd.
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!Print
A thick Golden Oreo crust with a layer of pumpkin cheesecake and topped with a cinnamon maple whipped cream.
- For the crust:
- 1 package Golden Oreos (14.3 oz)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ can (about 1 cup) pumpkin pie filling
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- For the topping:
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- Pecans for garnish, optional
- For the crust: Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs as well coated. Press into a 9-inch square pan. Refrigerate this while you are preparing the filling
- For the filling: Soften the cream cheese to room temperature or soften in the microwave by removing the wrapper and place the cream cheese on a plate. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Proceed to add the powdered sugar and brown sugar and continue beating for another 2 to 3 minutes until the sugar is well incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Slowly add in the heavy whipping cream and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Next add the pumpkin pie filling and pumpkin pie spice and continuing mixing until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the prepared filling over the crust.
- For the topping: Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream gets bubbly.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar & cinnamon and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. As the whipped cream thickens, add the maple syrup 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Spread the whipped cream over the layer of pumpkin.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but the longer the better. This dessert must stay refrigerated.
You might also like:
No-Bake Samoa Lush
Snickers Icebox Cake
Fun LUSH recipes from my friends:
Cake Batter Lush from The Domestic Rebel
No-Bake Oreo Layered Dessert from Brown Eyed Baker
Butterscotch Lush from Spicy Southern Kitchen