This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This No-Bake Pumpkin Lush Icebox Cake is the best 30-minute dessert! It’s made with a thick, buttery Golden-Oreo crust, a pumpkin cheesecake filling, and a cinnamon maple whipped cream topping.
Easy Pumpkin Lush
I am obsessed with pumpkin desserts. Today we’re mashing up my favorite pumpkin pie and making it into a no-bake treat!
This No-Bake Pumpkin Lush Icebox Cake is one of the best ways to take the stress out of holiday baking. It’s absolutely delicious, loaded with pumpkin flavor, and you can prepare it ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about it before a big holiday feast.
The bottom cookie layer is made with Golden Oreos which are a bit sweeter than a traditional graham cracker crust. The filling is essentially a pumpkin cheesecake, then it’s topped off with cinnamon maple whipped cream and pecans for texture.
- Golden Oreos – you can also swap the Golden Oreos for gingersnap or shortbread cookies if preferred.
Cream Cheese – soften the cream cheese on the counter or quickly in the microwave (with the foil removed)!
- Pumpkin Pie Filling – be sure you’re using filling as opposed to pumpkin puree. The filling is sweetened!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – whip up a homemade pumpkin pie spice blend or get a pre-made one from the store.
- Pecans – optional for garnish. I love to add them on top for a nutty crunch.
How to Make No-Bake Pumpkin Lush Icebox Cake
- Make the crust: In a food processor, grind the cookies into a fine crumb. Combine them in a bowl with melted butter, then stir until well-coated. Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of a square pan, then place in the fridge.
- Make the filling: In a bowl, beat the cream cheese for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add the powdered sugar and brown sugar, beating until well incorporated. Mix in the heavy whipping cream, then add the pie filling and pumpkin pie spice. Pour the filling over the crust.
- Add the topping: Chill a mixing bowl and the whisk attachment for a few minutes. Pour in the heavy whipping cream and beat until bubbly. Slowly add the sugar and cinnamon. Beat until stiff peaks form, then add in the maple syrup, one teaspoon at a time. Spread over the pumpkin lush.
- Chill: Place the lush in the fridge and let it chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Soften the cream cheese. The softened cream cheese is the key to a smooth filling. If you are short on time, soften the cream cheese quickly by placing it on a plate and microwaving it for 15-20 seconds. Don’t forget to remove the foil wrap!
- Chill the bowl and whisk. The colder bowl and whisk attachment create a lighter, fluffier whipped cream.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. The longer the better! The longer the icebox cake sits, the more it sets up and the better the texture will be.
Do Icebox Cakes Go in the Fridge or Freezer?
Either one! The icebox cake will last for 2-3 days in the fridge or for up to 1 month in the freezer without the whipped topping. To enjoy again, thaw overnight in the fridge if frozen, then make fresh whipped cream and serve!
More No-Bake Pumpkin DessertsPrint
No-Bake Pumpkin Lush Icebox Cake
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- Yield: 9 slices
This No-Bake Pumpkin Lush Icebox Cake starts with a Golden Oreo crust, which is topped with a fluffy spiced pumpkin layer and whipped cream!
For the Crust:
- 1 package Golden Oreos (14.3 oz)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ can (about 1 cup) pumpkin pie filling
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the Topping:
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- Pecans for garnish, optional
For the Crust:
- Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs as well coated. Press into a 9-inch square pan. Refrigerate this while you are preparing the filling
For the Filling:
- Soften the cream cheese to room temperature or soften in the microwave by removing the wrapper and place the cream cheese on a plate. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Proceed to add the powdered sugar and brown sugar and continue beating for another 2 to 3 minutes until the sugar is well incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed. Slowly add in the heavy whipping cream and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Next add the pumpkin pie filling and pumpkin pie spice and continuing mixing until all the ingredients are well combined. Pour the prepared filling over the crust.
For the Topping:
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream gets bubbly.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar & cinnamon and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. As the whipped cream thickens, add the maple syrup 1 teaspoon at a time. Spread the whipped cream over the layer of pumpkin. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but the longer the better. This dessert must stay refrigerated.
- Category: No-Bake
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy dessert recipes, no bake desserts, icebox cake, pumpkin dessert
Mmmmm.. Now that’s a yummy yummy cake..