This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This EASY No-Bake Blackberry Icebox Cake is a fresh no-churn blackberry ice cream layered with graham cracker and whipped cream for the perfect summer treat. It takes only 15 minutes to prepare for freezing and can be served a few hours later.
I know what you must be thinking right now, TWO ice cream cakes in a row? You either love me or you don’t, but I hope you do. Summer is officially here and I am celebrating! Banana Split S’mores Ice Cream Cake anyone? Yea, that’s what I thought!
I have to tell you that this Blackberry Icebox Cake is SO easy to make! It’s a no-churn blackberry ice cream base made with cream cheese, blackberry jam and whipped cream. You could substitute Cool Whip for the whipped cream if needed.
Once you have the ice cream base prepare, it’s layered with graham crackers and topped with whipped cream. Toss it in the freezer for a could hours and enjoy! I loved every bite- but I also like to let it sit on the counter for 15-20 minutes before eating, which allows the ice cream to soften just a bit.
As I mentioned before, you don’t need an ice cream machine, you just need to mix together the ingredients and call it a day. I used an 8-inch square pan because I wanted this icebox cake to be nice and deep, but a 9-inch square pan will also work.
I chose to add fresh berries into the ice cream because I love the tartness that it adds! It is a nice contrast to the sweet jam, plus the berries are just beautiful in the middle. We used to grow raspberries in our backyard, and this dessert could easily be adapted to be raspberry flavor.
I seriously miss black raspberry ice cream! It must be an east coast thing, because I have yet to find a good black raspberry ice cream on the time that I’ve lived on the west coast. In fact, I asked my
boyfriend husband about it and he looked at me like I had two heads; he has never heard black raspberry ice cream before! The scoop shop that I worked at in high school has the best black raspberry ice cream (and peach too!).
This certainly wasn’t my first ice cream cake this summer, and I am sure it won’t be my last. Do you have a favorite ice cream flavor from your childhood? I would love to hear about it! I originally posted this Blackberry Icebox Cake at BHG Delish Dish blog.
Follow Beyond Frosting:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!Print
Blackberry Icebox Cake
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 8 servings
This No-Bake Blackberry Ice Box Cake is a fresh, homemade no-churn blackberry ice cream layered with graham cracker and whipped cream for the perfect summer treat.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 10 ounce jar blackberry jam spread
- 10 ounces fresh blackberries
- 1 box Honey Graham Crackers
- Prepare the whipped cream. Chill the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat the softened cream cheese until it’s completely smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Next, add blackberry spread and continue beating on low speed just until combined. Fold in half of the prepared whipped cream mixture and fresh blackberries (cut in half).
- Line an 8×8 square pan with foil or parchment paper. Lay 6 graham crackers in the bottom the pan so graham crackers are flat and the bottom of the pan is covered. Add additional graham crackers as necessary to fill the gaps.
- Spread 1/3 of ice cream mixture on top of graham crackers. Repeat, layering graham crackers and ice cream to create two more layers, spreading each layer evenly. Top with remaining whipped cream. Cover and freeze for 4 to 24 hours or until firm. Garnish with remaining blackberries.
More from Beyond Frosting:
Banana Split S’mores Ice Cream Cake