This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
These chunky Oatmeal White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are soft, chewy and loaded with salty macadamia nuts and sweet white chocolate chips. This easy homemade cookie recipe takes classic white chocolate macadamia nut cookies to the next level.
Oatmeal White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Whenever we have big meetings at work, I always bring dessert, and it’s usually cookies. If I know the meeting will be long, or it’s right before or after lunch, it is especially important to bring a snack.
A few weeks ago I was struggling to come up with a cookie recipe that they had not already had. I’ve made my Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodle cookie recipe numerous times and they most recently had my Oreo Cheesecake Cookie Cups.
I texted a couple of them and asked for suggestions. One of them suggested using macadamia nuts and luckily I happened to have a bag.
This Recipe Is A Delicious Twist On Classic Macadamia Nut Cookies
I used to make the classic White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies from the back of the nestle package all the time, but I wanted to make something different.
Enter oatmeal cookies- is there any better cookie? I LOVE my Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cashew Cookies, they are by far the best cookies ever. So, I decided to make these Oatmeal macadamia nut cookies with white chocolate chips.
They got such rave reviews, that I made them a second time (for another meeting!) and I decided I needed to put them on the blog.
These Oatmeal White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are soft and chewy but so chunky and loaded with salty macadamia nuts and sweet white chocolate chips. There is a reason these two flavors are so complimentary.
How To Make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies Chewy
The secret to keeping these soft and chewy is to slightly under bake them in the middle. Depending on the size of the cookies, this could mean the difference of 60-90 seconds in the oven. Feel free to test the first couple of batches and see what you like.
You’ll notice there is more brown sugar than regular sugar in this recipe which also adds to that chewy texture.
Perhaps the best part about this recipe is that it doesn’t require any time to chill the dough. These can go straight from the mixer to the oven.
How Big Should I Make My White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies?
For larger cookies, I use my large cookie scoop which is about 3 tablespoons of dough. This is my preferred size, and you’ll get 24-26 cookies. For smaller cookies, try a medium size scoop, which is about 1-1.5 tablespoons and you’ll get closer to 36 cookies.
How To Prevent Homemade Cookies From Burning
Whatever you do, be sure to use a silicone baking mat to make your cookies. These mats are GAME CHANGERS when it comes to baking cookies. They prevent the bottom of the cookies from browning or burning too quickly.
You guys, these cookies are pure perfection. You still get that buttery cookie flavor you’d come to expect from a macadamia nut cookie, but the addition of the oats pushes it over the top.
Can White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies Be Frozen?
I had these in my freezer for about a week, and every night I thawed one in the microwave for myself. It is so unlike me to eat dessert during the week, but I cannot stop myself around cookies. It’s my weakness.
Great. Now I am craving cookies.
Follow Beyond Frosting:Print
These easy oatmeal cookies are soft, chewy and loaded with salty macadamia nuts and sweet white chocolate chips!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose Flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Soften the butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Combine the softened butter with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, salt and baking soda. Stir to combine and slowly add the dry ingredients into the dough, mixing on low speed until dough starts to form.
- Before the dough thickens, add the chopped macadamia nuts and chocolate chips. Beat a couple of times until they start to incorporate.
- Use a large cookie scoop and place on a sheet pan about 2 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes. The center of the cookie should be slightly under baked but not too gooey. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, recipe for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies recipe, oatmeal cookie recipe, homemade oatmeal cookies, homemade cookie recipe
More Oatmeal Cookies Recipes You Might Like: