This mouthwatering Sinful Triple Chocolate Poke cake is a chocolate cake, drenched in hot fudge sauce and chocolate pudding and it is topped with a chocolate whipped cream. There could not be more chocolate here!
Like this recipe? Subscribe to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Hey guys! Did you notice anything different around here? I made some design tweaks and improvements that should help make my website easier to navigate for you! Click on the recipe index tab on my menu bar for my new visual recipe index. Can’t remember the name of the recipe you came to look for? No problem; they all have photos to remind you! You can also still find my categories and my archives in my sidebar as well. I hope you guys like it!
I can’t believe Christmas is a mere 2.5 weeks away. I haven’t bought a single gift yet! I am usually so on top of my game, but I think that with Thanksgiving being a week later than normal, it kinda threw me off. Not to mention, I have been baking up a storm these past couple of weeks. Cupcakes, cookies, brownies, fudge cakes, you name it, I am making it! It’s important to me to have a few recipes in my back pocket that can be thrown together on a whim. I have made a few for you the past couple of weeks, including Candy Cane Poke Cake, Peppermint Patty Fudge, Peppermint Rice Krispie Treats and Chocolate Peppermint Lasagna.
I have a new one for you this week that I call Sinful Triple Chocolate Poke Cake. This combines a fudgy chocolate cake with chocolate pudding and chocolate whipped cream. Instead of using your typical sweetened condensed milk, I used a jar of hot fudge that I drizzle over the warm cake and then filled in the holes with a chocolate pudding. Then to top it off, I made a chocolate whipped cream. Whipped cream is SO easy to make. My favorite one to make around the holidays is Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream, which I used for this cake. Or, you can substitute the hot chocolate powder for cocoa powder. You really can’t go wrong with a cake like this.
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting:
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe at the end of this post!
- 1 Box Chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 Box Hershey’s dark chocolate instant pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 C Milk
- ½ C Vegetable oil
- ½ C Light sour cream
- 1 Jar Hot fudge sauce (12.8oz)
- 1 box Hersey’s Dark Chocolate instant pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 2 C Milk
- 3 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1½ C Hot chocolate mix
- Additional hot fudge sauce for drizzling
- ¼ C White chocolate chips, crushed
- ¼ C Milk chocolate chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix and dry pudding mix with eggs, vanilla extract, milk, vegetable oil and sour cream. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake cake in 9x13” for 20-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Heat the jar of hot fudge sauce in the microwave for about 30 seconds until you can stir it and thin it out. You may need an additional 30 seconds. Pour the entire jar of hot fudge sauce on the top of cake and allow it to absorb in the cake until cake is cooled. Let set until completely cooled.
- When the cake has cooled, prepare the pudding layer by mixing a package of instant dark chocolate pudding with 2 cups of cold milk. Before the pudding sets, pour it over the top of the cake and put the cake in the fridge to let the pudding set, about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the whipped cream. Put the bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get them really cold (this step is optional, but a common practice I use.). In cold mixing bowl, pour in heavy whipping cream and beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Add hot chocolate mix and increase speed to medium high. Beat until stiff peak form.
- Spread whipped cream over the top of cake. You can top you cake with a chocolate drizzle and some crushed white and milk chocolate chips, or any of your favorite chocolate goodies.
Check out my other poke cake flavors: