This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
These easy Circus Animal Stuffed Cookies are so soft and chewy. They are homemade cookies that are filled with frosted circus animal cookies and drizzled with white chocolate. They are perfect for a fun sweet dessert!
Looking for more stuffed cookie recipes? Try my Cake Ball Stuffed Cookies!
What a wonderful weekend we had here in Portland. You may have seen on my Instagram that my mom was visiting and we had quite the packed weekend. Friday afternoon we started shopping for my wedding dress and we had 3 more appointments on Saturday.
I was pretty certain when we left the shop on Friday night that I had found my dress. I probably would have bought it but I felt like I should still go to my appointments on Saturday. Much to my surprise I ended up buying a dress at the first shop on Saturday morning. The dress I bought was pretty different from anything else I had tried on and after several Facetime calls and putting it on 3 different times, I just had to have it.
The rest of the day was filled with food and drinks and even an afternoon nap (thanks to all that champagne!). Sunday we headed out for a hike to some waterfalls and enjoy a day outside. The weekend flew by but it was so nice to do some wedding stuff with my mom and I think she enjoyed it more than I did!
My mom kept asking when I was going to be making desserts over the weekend and I kept trying to tell her I was taking the weekend off. Maybe I should have prepared a batch of these Circus Animal Stuffed Cookies for her before she arrived.
These cookies are soft and chewy and stuffed with frosted circus animal cookies, which are the most fun cookies you can buy! Plus, I drizzled some white chocolate and sprinkles on top.
The base recipe for these cookies is originally from my soft and chewy snickerdoodles, but I’ve also done variations with M&Ms and Strawberry Pop Tarts. This recipe does require some time in the refrigerator. It prevents the cookies from flattening like a pancake while cooking and it helps keep the cookies uber soft (and they are slightly under baked too), giving them the perfect chewy consistency.
You don’t have to add the white chocolate drizzle on top, but I think it adds to the overall aesthetic of the cookies. In fact, I wish I had pink melting chocolate to drizzle instead! I used some little nonpareils to sprinkle on top of the chocolate before it set. The easiest thing to do is to get chocolate melting wafers such as Ghirardelli or CandiQuik because they melt nice and smooth and it set (harden) pretty quickly.
My friends didn’t believe me when I told them these cookies were stuffed with more cookies until they took a bite and saw the chunks of the frosted animal cookies inside. I loved seeing their reactions!
Follow Beyond Frosting:
If you love no-bake recipes, be sure to check out my cookbook, No-Bake Treats!Print
These Circus Animal Stuffed Cookies are soft and chewy and filled with frosted circus animal cookies, with a drizzle of white chocolate and sprinkles on top.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Circus Animal Cookies
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- 2 ounces white chocolate (candy dipping chocolate preferred)
- Additional sprinkles for garnish
- Combine butter with sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix into butter and sugar until egg is well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough forms. As the dough is thickening, add in the crushed Circus Animal Cookies and sprinkles and continue mixing until they are well mixed.
- Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 45 minutes and as long as 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place about 2 inches apart and let rest for 10 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake at 350° F 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- For the white chocolate, break the chocolate up into smaller pieces and microwave it at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time. Stir the chocolate after each 30 seconds so that it doesn’t burn.
- Use a piping bag and drizzle the white chocolate over the cookies and add a couple of sprinkles on top. Set these on a piece of parchment paper to cool.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: circus animal cookies, stuffed cookies recipe, recipe for stuffed cookies, homemade cookies recipe, easy homemade cookies, how to make stuffed cookies
More Circus Animal Desserts You Might Like: