This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This easy Monster Munch recipe requires no baking! Throw together your favorite sweet and salty snacks and cover them with white chocolate. Perfect for Halloween parties or snacking on while you watch a spooky movie.
Looking for more Halloween dessert ideas? You might like the no-bake Spooky Oreo Dip or these easy sugar cookies.
Easy Halloween Snack Mix
I’ll always remember the older lady who lived down the street from my childhood home. We loved to visit her house on Halloween because she had the best homemade treats. She’d ask for a song, dance, or joke, then as a reward, you could pick anything you wanted. As much we loved candy, let me tell you we loved her homemade goodies more! And monster munch was my absolute favorite.
What is Monster Munch?
Monster Munch is basically a Halloween-themed snack mix. It’s super easy to make, requires no baking, and you can even get the kids involved as an activity idea. The recipe itself is simple to customize according to your tastes and I’ve made some suggestions below, but the possibilities are really endless. You’ll love the sweet and salty combo, and the white chocolate just brings it all together.
This snack mix can be served in a big bowl or packaged up with a ribbon and a cute tag and gifted to neighbors, friends and teachers- especially if you are “booing” them!
What You’ll Need
As I mentioned above, Monster Munch is fairly easy to customize. Below is my favorite combo as well as other things you could add to make this Halloween snack your own:
- Chex cereal– any variety or combination of two flavors
- Ghirardelli White Chocolate Candy Melts or almond bark can be located near the chocolare chips in the grocery store.
- Wilton Colored Candy Melts– I used purple and orange but any color will work
- Candy Eyes– These are usually found with the sprinkles
Other Optional Add-ins:
- Candy Corn
- Reese’s Pieces
How to Make Monster Munch
Ok, you’ve gathered your ingredients and now it’s time to mix up a tasty Halloween snack! Here’s how to do it:
- Combine everything except the chocolate. Combine it all in a large bowl and mix together.
- Melt the white chocolate. Pour it over the mixture and stir to combine. Place on a baking sheet to set.
- Add the candy eyes and sprinkles.
- Drizzle with colored candy melts. Allow the mixture to set completely.
- Serve! I usually serve it in a bowl or package up into individual bags.
The Best Way To Melt White Chocolate
Melting chocolate in the microwave can be tricky. If the chocolate gets too hot it can burn and in that case you need to start over. To prevent this, melt the chocolate at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, and stir each time. This helps slowly melt the chocolate and distribute the heat to prevent hot spots.
If you are melting colored candy melts, you can follow this same method.
Ways to Serve
- In a big bowl! This is the perfect party food.
- This makes a great gift! Packaged in festive gift bags or tins.
- As a snack! Pack some up in the lunch box, your kids will be pumped.
- Package together with these spooky Halloween hot cocoa bombs.
How to Store Snack Mix
This can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days. Be sure that the chocolate has set completely before packaging.Print
Halloween Snack Mix
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 cups
No-baking is required for this Easy Halloween Snack Mix. It’s the perfect sweet and salty snack covered in white chocolate.
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Mini pretzels twists or sticks
- 2 cups Salted peanuts
- 1 bag(10oz) M&Ms
- 16 ounces Ghirardelli White Chocolate candy melts
- Wilton Colored Candy Melts (Purple & Orange)
- Candy eyes and sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the white chocolate and sprinkles. Mix to combine.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate wafers at 50% power in 30-second intervals; stir after each interval and continue until chocolate is melted. Reduce microwave time as needed so the chocolate does not burn. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture, add until well coated.
- Spread the mixture on a large cooking sheet, add in the candy eyes, and sprinkles over the chocolate before it sets.
- Melt the colored candy melts as instructed above. Start with 1/4 cup and add more as needed. Drizzle over the mixture and allow the chocolate to set completely. Once set, transfer to an airtight container.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: monster munch, halloween party food idea, party snack mix