This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This Easy Halloween Snack Mix requires no-baking! Throw together your favorite sweet and salty snacks and cover them with white chocolate. Monster Munch makes a great Halloween dessert.
Easy Halloween Snack Mix
I’ll always remember the older lady who lived down the street from my childhood home. We loved to visit her house on Halloween because she had the best homemade treats, and you could pick whatever you wanted. She in turn asked for a joke or a song, something like that. As much as we loved candy, we sure did love her treats.
Monster Munch is quick and easy to make and it doesn’t require any baking. You can even get the kids involved. You can make this with your favorite snacks. I’ve made some suggestions below, but the possibilities are really endless. You’ll love the sweet and salty combo, and the white chocolate just brings it all together.
This snack mix can be served in a big bowl or packaged up with a ribbon and a cute tag and gifted to neighbors, friends and teachers- especially if you are “booing” them!
- Chex cereal– any variety or combination of two flavors
- Ghirardelli White Chocolate Candy Melts or almond bark can be located near the chocolare chips in the grocery store.
- Wilton Colored Candy Melts– I used purple and orange but any color will work
- Candy Eyes– These are usually found with the sprinkles
Other Optional Add-ins:
- Candy Corn
- Reese’s Pieces
3 Simple Steps For Homemade Snack Mix
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together
- Melt the white chocolate and pour it over the mixture and stir to combine. Place on a baking sheet to set. Add the candy eyes and sprinkles.
- Drizzle with colored candy melts and allow the mixture to set completly.
- Serve in a bowl or package up into individual bags.
The Best Way To Melt White Chocolate
Melting chocolate in the microwave can be tricky. If the chocolate gets too hot it can burn and in that case you need to start over. To prevent this, melt the chocolate at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time, and stir each time. This helps slowly melt the chocolate and distribute the heat to prevent hot spots.
If you are melting colored candy melts, you can follow this same method.
Ways to Serve
- In a big bowl! This is the perfect party food.
- This makes a great gift! Packaged in festive gift bags or tins.
- As a snack! Pack some up in the lunch box, your kids will be pumped.
- Package together with these spooky halloween hot cocoa bombs.
How to Store Snack MiX
This can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days. Be sure that the chocolate has set completely before packaging.Print
No-baking is required for this Easy Halloween Snack Mix. It’s the perfect sweet and salty snack covered in white chocolate.
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Mini pretzels twists or sticks
- 2 cups Salted peanuts
- 1 bag(10oz) M&Ms
- 16 ounces Ghirardelli White Chocolate candy melts
- Wilton Colored Candy Melts (Purple & Orange)
- Candy eyes and sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the white chocolate and sprinkles. Mix to combine.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate wafers at 50% power in 30-second intervals; stir after each interval and continue until chocolate is melted. Reduce microwave time as needed so the chocolate does not burn. Pour the melted chocolate over the cereal mixture, add until well coated.
- Spread the mixture on a large cooking sheet, add in the candy eyes, and sprinkles over the chocolate before it sets.
- Melt the colored candy melts as instructed above. Start with 1/4 cup and add more as needed. Drizzle over the mixture and allow the chocolate to set completely. Once set, transfer to an airtight container.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Halloween dessert, Snack mix