This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
Cinnamon Maple whipped cream is a homemade whipped cream flavored with maple syrup and cinnamon. It’s the perfect topping for pies, cakes, coffee or your pumpkin spice latte.
This amazing Cinnamon Maple Whipped Cream was one of the first whipped cream recipe I posted on my blog. It got two of my favorite fall flavors- cinnamon and pure maple syrup.
This makes a fantastic filling for a cupcake, frosting for a cake or what I like to do, eat it straight from the mixing bowl. I’ve also used it as toppings for no-bake desserts and pies.
Wouldn’t it be a fun twist to serve this on top of a pumpkin pie instead of cool whip? Seriously guys, this is so easy to make!
When I make homemade whipped cream, I always put my mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer. One time, I read that this helps to keep the heavy whipping cream colder while it is forming the stiff peaks. It makes a huge difference.
I also use a stabilizer for my whipped cream. You can use gelatin, but I prefer to use powdered sugar. It does make the whipped cream a bit sweeter, but I prefer some flavor to the whipped cream.
How to make Cinnamon Maple Whipped Cream
- Start with a cold bowl and the whisk attachment, which helps to keep your ingredients cold
- Pour the heavy cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric or stand mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken
- Next, drizzle in the maple syrup, add the powdered sugar and cinnamon and continue beating on high until stiff peaks form.
- It is recommended to use this right away to decorate your cakes or cupcakes. Anything decorated with whipped cream should be stored in the refrigerator.
Can I make whipped cream ahead of time?
My opinion? Not so much. If I am making a no-bake dessert or pie, I always prefer to prepare the whipped cream just prior to serving or at least the same day that I am serving it. However, it can also be frozen if needed. I want the whipped cream to be fresh, and I find it’s more stable at this point.
However, if you don’t have time and you need to make the whipped cream the night before serving, I suggest piping it onto your dessert at that time as opposed to leaving it in a bowl overnight.
Can I make whipped cream without a stand mixer?
If you’re using a hand mixer, I suggest using your spatula to turn the whipped cream from the bottom to the top and continue mixing to ensure it’s evenly mixed. I’ve also heard whipped cream can be made in an immersion blender, but I have never tried it myself.
Recipes you can make with Cinnamon Maple Whipped Cream:
- Double Pumpkin Poke Cake
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Jars
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Poke Cake
- No-Bake Pumpkin Lush
More Whipped Cream Recipes:
- How To Make Whipped Cream
- Cake Batter Whipped Cream
- Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- Cinnamon Honey Mascarpone Whipped Cream is perfect with this Pumpkin Cake
Follow Beyond Frosting:
Cinnamon Maple whipped cream is a homemade whipped cream flavored with maple syrup and cinnamon. It’s the perfect topping for cakes, coffee or your pumpkin spice latte.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp Pure maple syrup
- 1–2 tsp Cinnamon
- Place the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill.
- Prepare the whipped cream. Pour the heavy cream into the chilled bowl and use an electric or stand mixer to beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until the cream starts to thicken.
- Slowly add the maple syrup, powdered sugar and cinnamon and continue beating on high speed until stiff peaks form
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Category: Frosting