This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details
This Pineapple Salsa Recipe is simple, fresh, and bursting with flavor! It’s made with fresh pineapple, avocado, red onion, pepper, jalapeño, and a drizzle of lime juice. Serve with fish tacos, salmon, or tortilla chips!
Easy Pineapple Avocado Salsa
If there’s one thing you probably know about me it’s that I looooove Mexican food. I can’t recall a time that I ever passed up the opportunity to enjoy tacos, taco bowls, fajitas, burrito bowls, you name it.
As a big fan of Mexican food, I also absolutely love coming up with different salsa recipes. And this Pineapple Salsa Recipe is a favorite! It’s sweet, salty, spicy, tangy, and absolutely loaded up with flavor.
This fruity salsa recipe is ready in just 15 minutes!
Everything You’ll Need
- Pineapple – you can buy fresh pineapple or pre-sliced if you’re lower on time.
- Red Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Jalapeño – the jalapeño definitely adds a bit of a kick, so if you don’t like spicy things, use it sparingly!
- Avocado – if avocados aren’t in season you can leave them out, but I love the creamy texture it adds to the salsa.
- Lime Juice – the acidity really ties the dish together. Start with less and add more to taste!
- Cilantro – cilantro is totally optional because I know it isn’t for everyone.
How to Make Pineapple Salsa with Avocados
This homemade pineapple avocado salsa comes together in just 15 minutes! Just prep, combine, and dig in!
- Chop: Finley diced the pineapple, peppers, onions and jalapeños.
- Combine: Combine the chopped vegetables and pineapple together in a bowl with cilantro. Add lime and a pinch of salt, then stir.
- Add avocado: Gently mix in the avocado, then serve as desired!
Is Pineapple Salsa Spicy?
It can be! However, it’s also incredibly customizable. The jalapeño adds a nice kick of heat to the salsa, so if you love the heat, add more. If you’re sensitive to spice, add less or omit it completely. It’s delicious either way!
Tips and Notes for the Best Homemade Salsa
- Dice everything small and uniformly. Dice the pineapple, avocado, pepper, and onion pretty small and similar in size so you get the balanced flavor and a little of everything in each bite. For the pepper and onion, I love my veggie chopper.
- Add the avocado last. I recommend mixing in the avocado after all of the other ingredients are combined. We don’t want it to get smushed!
- Fresh is best! I highly recommend fresh pineapple if you have it. Pre-cut will work in a pinch, but I would stay away from canned if possible.
- Grill the pineapple: Try adding a little char to the pineapple by grilling it until the outside is slightly charred. Here’s a simple method for grilling pineapple.
How to Customize it
- Add other mix-ins. Try diced cucumber, diced mango, corn, or even black beans!
- Spice it up. The jalapeño gives the salsa a good kick of heat, but free to add other seasonings to take the spice level up a notch. Try cayenne pepper, chile powder, or paprika!
- Make it cheesy. Finish the salsa off with a sprinkle of cotija cheese for serving.
What to Serve with Pineapple Salsa
I love making this pineapple salsa to serve with salmon tacos (or taco bowls), but it would also be delicious with any type of fish taco, mahi-mahi, salmon, or even shrimp! Try pairing this with some chicken or even pulled pork.
It’s also great piled onto your favorite salty tortilla chips or eaten straight out of the bowl with a spoon.
How to Prepare and Store
Finished pineapple salsa is best fresh, but it will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you’d like to prepare it ahead of time, just mix it all together in a bowl, store in the fridge, and then add the avocado before serving. Prepare up to 24 hours in advance for the best results.Print
Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups prepared
This Easy Pineapple Salsa is chunky and bursting with fresh flavor. Made with: pineapple, avocado, red onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño, salt, lime juice and cilantro. Serve with fish tacos, salmon (or any fresh fish) or tortilla chips!
- 1 heaping cup diced pineapple
- 1/4–1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4–1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 medium jalapeño, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Juice of half a lime
- Pinch of salt
- small bunch of cilantro (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño and toss together.
- Juice half a lime and add a pinch of salt, and stir to combine. Add additional lime juice and salt to taste.
- Gently mix in the avocado and serve.
What to serve with pineapple salsa: This is be served with fish tacos, salmon (or any fresh fish) or tortilla chips. It’s also great with pulled pork.
How to store it: Keep refrigerated. Finished pineapple salsa is best fresh, but it will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salsa for fish tacos, pineapple salsa for fish,
This is GOOD!!!