I have a confession. I love the show Archer. When I first started dating my boyfriend, I was not into it at all. His trick was to play it OVER and OVER again until I like it. Turns out it worked. The jokes are a bit “grown up”, and I am usually not into any type of animated shows, but this show is just too dang funny to give up. This has nothing to do with dessert, at all, but just a little fun fact. Also, it’s Friday, finally! And it’s also a holiday weekend! I hope you are travel safety and enjoy some time with your loved ones!
I just can’t stop with the coconut! It is around every corner. This poke cake is for all you coconut lovers out there. Triple Coconut Poke Cake is a coconut cake, drenched in coconut cream pudding and topped with a coconut whipped cream. Since I believe most cakes look naked with a topping, I chose to sprinkle this with cake with toasted coconut. I first fell in love with this coconut whipped cream when I made my Coconut Lemon Poke Cake, and I knew I had to make an all coconut version.
Some people dislike Cool Whip. Personally, I don’t have a problem with it. While this cake has a homemade coconut whipped cream, it can certainly be substituted for Cool Whip. However, you really shouldn’t be afraid of homemade whipped cream! It is quite easy and quick to throw together! Plus, you can make so many different flavors! Have you seen my Cinnamon Maple Whipped Cream or my Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream? How about cake batter flavor?
I have mentioned before that I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. I love it because they have a giant food section with things I can’t find anywhere else- like coconut cream pudding. BUT I hate going there because it’s always busy and I have no patience. Well I will tell you that this coconut cake is totally worth the trip to Walmart! Plus you can work off the calories from the cake by weaving in and out of people at said Walmart. Although, if I were you, I would totally check your local store first. Just saying. If you can’t find coconut cream pudding, you can easily substitute this for vanilla pudding.
Keep up with all the happenings. Follow Beyond Frosting:
For coconut lovers only! A white coconut cake with coconut pudding. Topped with Coconut whipped cream and toasted coconut.
- 1 Box White cake mix
- 4 Large egg whites
- 1/3 C Oil
- 1 C Milk
- 3 tsp Coconut extract
- 3/4 C Coconut
For the topping
2 pkg Instant Coconut pudding (3.4oz)
- 4 C Milk
- 2 C Heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C Powdered sugar
- 3 tsp Coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine white cake mix, egg whites, oil, milk and coconut extract. Mix until all ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Bake cake in 9×13” for 20-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow
- to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the oven is still on, toast the coconut. Spread out on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or baking mat. Bake until coconut starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- When the cake has cooled, prepare the pudding layer by mixing instant coconut pudding with 4 cups of cold milk. Before the pudding sets, pour it over the top of the cake slowly and put the cake in the fridge to let the pudding set, about 15 minutes. The longer it sets the better.
- Prepare the whipped cream. Put the bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to get them really cold (this step is optional, but a common practice I use.). In cold mixing bowl, pour in heavy whipping cream and beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and coconut extract. Mix and increase speed to medium high. Beat until stiff peak form.
- Spread whipped cream over the top of cake. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. This cake must stay refrigerated.
Recipe from my friends:
Coconut Cream Budnt Cake by Inside Bru Crew Life
Blueberry Muffins Cake with Coconut Cookie Crumble from The Domestic Rebel
Dad’s Coconut Cream Pie from Mom on Timeout
Other recipe you might like from Beyond Frosting: